Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] minicom is in conflict with openrc (Read 771 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] minicom is in conflict with openrc

Installing minicom result with a file conflict, `/usr/bin/runscript` is owned by openrc but minicom provide another file, there is an issue in the Gentoo bugtracker.
See https://bugs.gentoo.org/494220
Can i use the overwrite option on this file without breaking my system ? In the related gentoo issue it seems to be just a symlink, but in my filesystem it's not.

Re: minicom is in conflict with openrc

Reply #1
hmm... minicom package is provide by archlinux, minicom-openrc evidently provide by gentoo...

what can for you do we as artix?  :D  :D

Reply #2
I've imported minicom and renamed minicom's runscript to runscript-minicom, let me know if it works ok with this. Will be looking at working on the minicom-openrc

I have no idea when the openrc package may be ready as it may take me some time to work on how I will do the config and I'd need someone to test it as it is nothing I use.

Reply #3
Thanks, minicom need just a little bit of configuration to change the runscript to the correct command.
Maybe you can add a default config file, containing this line.

Code: [Select]
pu scriptprog       runscript-minicom
It should be enougth to have a working default configuration

Reply #4
Thanks, minicom need just a little bit of configuration to change the runscript to the correct command.
Maybe you can add a default config file, containing this line.

Code: [Select]
pu scriptprog       runscript-minicom
It should be enougth to have a working default configuration
Just pushed an update to change it, should get it once mirrors sync