Skip to main content
Topic: Available now: 66 (Read 1301 times) previous topic - next topic

Available now: 66

66 init is now available for use on Artix. Currently, there is not a downloadable ISO, but one can be made easily. Install artools
and run buildiso -i 66 -p $PROFILE
Where $PROFILE can be plasma, base, etc

Re: Available now: 66

Reply #5
So I just go with
Code: [Select]
# pacman -S 66 elogind-66
then? Because when I try that, I get the message that a bunch of dependencies will be broken and pacman refuses to continue. Just checking, all of those *-s6 packages need to be removed?
Yup all must be replaced by SERVICE-66

Though initially switching from 66 to another init was working, testing again, seems going back causes boot to lock up during boot, like it may not be finding init or so. So keep this in mind for now, something I have to relook at why and find solution.
Edit: OK it seems to work ok. I think my issue happens as I restart VM too fast, probably before drive syncs. To be safer, you can run 'sync' after all the changes and wait just a moment.

Reply #6
No messages about crash, but I don't get a console to login, the last message says "local-rc: info: starts..." and that's it. I could switch to tty12 and login (I have autostart Xorg), but then my keyboard stopped responding and had to hard reset.
Odd, I don't have any suggestions on this, sounds something was corrupted or some steps may have been missed.
Did you do all these:
66-tree -n boot
66-enable -t boot boot@system
66-env -t boot -e $EDITOR boot@system ( change settings here and enable things needed with !yes, not yes) I've tested lvm and btrfs , not dmraid as I don't use raid.
66-enable -t boot -F boot@system
66-tree -ncE default
66-enable RUNLEVEL_SERVICES (e.g sshd etc)

Reply #7
Just "solved" the problem by  66-tree -RD default; 66-tree -ncE default and enabling the services again. Things are going smooth so far.

Reply #8
Just "solved" the problem by  66-tree -RD default; 66-tree -ncE default and enabling the services again. Things are going smooth so far.
Good :) I view 66 as s6 but made easier, as it uses s6 but with a layer on top to make it easier, including writing services for.

Reply #9
@strajder Locking this topic as it was meant more for announcement, but feel free to open a topic in suite66