Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [New user]i3 runit ISO first problems (Read 1027 times) previous topic - next topic

[New user]i3 runit ISO first problems

Hi all,
thanks to the Artix team for the awesome work!!!
My new Artix on System 76 laptop Lemur Pro works well, I have just a few questions:
- what about hibernation with runit ? systemd (the evil) provides convenient commands for suspending/hibernating laptops)
it seems that it is not handled by runit but I am unsure

- comparing with some alternate distros (like dwmx) I think that Artix is quite huge in memory , 130Mb for DWMX 450Mb for Artix, I'd like to understand  the why (pulseaudio? and lightdm)

- I am unable to install brave browser , it seems to be something known (systemd related dependency) but is there a way to install it ?

- For Steam your suggestion is which package ?

Thanks for your support
Best regards

Re: [New user]i3 runit ISO first problems

Reply #1
Hi all,
thanks to the Artix team for the awesome work!!!
My new Artix on System 76 laptop Lemur Pro works well, I have just a few questions:
- what about hibernation with runit ? systemd (the evil) provides convenient commands for suspending/hibernating laptops)
it seems that it is not handled by runit but I am unsure

- comparing with some alternate distros (like dwmx) I think that Artix is quite huge in memory , 130Mb for DWMX 450Mb for Artix, I'd like to understand  the why (pulseaudio? and lightdm)

- I am unable to install brave browser , it seems to be something known (systemd related dependency) but is there a way to install it ?

- For Steam your suggestion is which package ?

Thanks for your support
Best regards

Hi,

Brave browser exists on AUR and not in our repositories.

Regarding the Hibernate menu option, was unfortunately not included within the ISO release.

Please edit the file ~/.config/i3/scripts/shutdownmenu, and add the hibernate options, as shown below.

Regards