Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] errors while trying to do a system update. (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] errors while trying to do a system update.

Hey Guys,

I'm been pretty good maintaining my system since (Im a beginner but getting the grasp) .However, I tried to update the system but the first odd thing that I'm yet to find an aswer in forums is that tbb and intel-tbb are in conflict( only one I found: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=256998) If i take pacman's sugestion [No] then the update terminates but if I choose [yes] the update continues till it starts throwing errors about failure to retrieve "perl-file-listing-6.04-8-any.pkg.tar.zst". I've been trying to figure it out these past days until today I decided to post here, thanks in advance for any help :)

Re: errors while trying to do a system update.

Reply #1
try to pacman -Sy perl-file-listing then do pacman -Su and yes to replace.

P.S. OpenRC part of the forum is for openrc issues and such :D

Reply #2
try to pacman -Sy perl-file-listing then do pacman -Su and yes to replace.

P.S. OpenRC part of the forum is for openrc issues and such :D

Thank you :)
lol I even hesitated in hitting the post button cause I felt this didn't quite fit in here

EDIT: wait , same error when trying to install perl-file-listing (to test I installed qemu and didn't get any errors)

Reply #3
I will test it

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
[alois@notebook ~]$ sudo pacman -S perl-file-listing
řeší se závislosti..
kontrola konfliktních balíčků...

Balíčky  (1) perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1

Celková velikost ke stažení:   0,01 MiB
Celková velikost po instalaci:   0,01 MiB

:: Pokračovat v instalaci? [A/n]
:: Stahují se balíčky...
 perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1-any                8,6 KiB  0,00   B/s 00:00 [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola klíčů v klíčence                                          [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola integrity balíčků                                         [########################################] 100%
(1/1) načítání balíčku                                                   [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola konfliktů souborů                                         [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola volného místa na disku                                    [########################################] 100%
:: Zpracovávání změn balíčku...
(1/1) instalace perl-file-listing                                        [########################################] 100%
:: Probíhá potransakční hook...
(1/1) Warn about old perl modules

no problem found on our side, your system is not right sync, because perl-file-listing-6.04-8 DOES NOT EXIST, was replaced by perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1 on 24. juni 2020!!

Reply #5
[alois@notebook ~]$ sudo pacman -S perl-file-listing
řeší se závislosti..
kontrola konfliktních balíčků...

Balíčky  (1) perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1

Celková velikost ke stažení:   0,01 MiB
Celková velikost po instalaci:   0,01 MiB

:: Pokračovat v instalaci? [A/n]
:: Stahují se balíčky...
 perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1-any                8,6 KiB  0,00   B/s 00:00 [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola klíčů v klíčence                                          [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola integrity balíčků                                         [########################################] 100%
(1/1) načítání balíčku                                                   [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola konfliktů souborů                                         [########################################] 100%
(1/1) kontrola volného místa na disku                                    [########################################] 100%
:: Zpracovávání změn balíčku...
(1/1) instalace perl-file-listing                                        [########################################] 100%
:: Probíhá potransakční hook...
(1/1) Warn about old perl modules

no problem found on our side, your system is not right sync, because perl-file-listing-6.04-8 DOES NOT EXIST, was replaced by perl-file-listing-6.04-8.1 on 24. juni 2020!!

well, I'm not an expert but when it's looking up the package is looking for "perl-file-listing-6.04-8-any" so is trying to get the "any" latest version. Another thing I noticed is that i have perl-file-listing-6.04-7. is this package essential for anything coming from artix? I know perl- libwww depends on it, but are all these perl packages essential for artix?

Reply #7
When you update with -Syu then you first see this message:
:: Synchronising package databases...
This is where pacman gets the latest lists of packages, these lists are stored on your system. If you install a package those lists are used to get the name and version. If they get outdated then the packages they refer to don't exist in the repo any more. If your update is failing then the lists (or one of them) are not being refreshed when they should be, although sometimes if the list is really up to date it will say that anyway. So run Syu, look at what databases are updated, and check your mirrorlists. It looks like the Artix version of perl-file-listing is in world, and you are not finding it, so it might be the Artix mirrorlist you need to check on.

$ pacman -Ss perl-file-listing
world/perl-file-listing 6.04-8.1 [installed]
    parse directory listing
extra/perl-file-listing 6.04-8 [installed: 6.04-8.1]
    parse directory listing

Reply #8
@ndowens thanks for the file

@####### my artix mirrorlist seems to be fine I compared it agains the one in the artix home, both were generated 6-14-2020.

$ sudo pacman -Ss perl-file-listing
gremlins/perl-file-listing 6.04-8 [installed: 6.04-7]
    parse directory listing
world/perl-file-listing 6.04-8.1 [installed: 6.04-7]
    parse directory listing
extra/perl-file-listing 6.04-8 [installed: 6.04-7]
    parse directory listing

Reply #9
Oh, I see, you have the gremlins testing repo enabled which I don't, I'm just using the stable repos:
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories
And the version number in gremlins is the same as the Arch extra repo version, so perhaps that's causing a problem, I would have expected that to be a 6.04-8.2 or something. You still seem to have 6.04-7 installed so haven't updated that package yet, according to that -Ss.

Reply #10
Due bug in Jenkins in gremlins stay perl-file-listing 6.04-8, it was removed now.

But you have still wrong version installed 😉 some mirror is out of date?

Reply #11
Oh, I see, you have the gremlins testing repo enabled which I don't, I'm just using the stable repos:
https://wiki.artixlinux.org/Main/Repositories
And the version number in gremlins is the same as the Arch extra repo version, so perhaps that's causing a problem, I would have expected that to be a 6.04-8.2 or something. You still seem to have 6.04-7 installed so haven't updated that package yet, according to that -Ss.

Thank you so much, I uncommented the all the testing repos which is something I should've done during installation but my dumbass ignored the warning. Thanks again :)

Reply #12
You probably want all the gremlins and testing repos commented out in /etc/pacman.conf unless you want to contribute to package testing. Gremlins are little creatures that get into machinery and break it, perhaps you haven't seen the movie:
https://gremlins.fandom.com/wiki/Gremlins_(1984)

Reply #13
You probably want all the gremlins and testing repos commented out in /etc/pacman.conf unless you want to contribute to package testing. Gremlins are little creatures that get into machinery and break it, perhaps you haven't seen the movie:

Yes gremlins can sometimes be risky; but I find it not so bad and sometimes you will get a fix before others; of course you may get a problem before others too LOL. I run gremlins and testing w/o much issue if any

Reply #14

yes that's exactly what I did, now no more gremlins creeping up system. I guess I was doing that without knowing lol I actually would love to test and report,.