Skip to main content
Topic: "Unknown Filesystem. Entering rescue mode..." ERROR. Any solutions? (Read 4631 times) previous topic - next topic

"Unknown Filesystem. Entering rescue mode..." ERROR. Any solutions?

Ok, so I'm either messing up the installation or I'm just a complete idiot (which I obviously already am). So I'm trying to install "artix-lxqt-s6-20200211-x86_64" off of a live USB. When I boot off of the USB, I'm getting this grub error (subject). Normally I would now how to fix this error but for some reason what I'm usually trying isn't working. So yeah, that's pretty much it. What file type am I supposed to use? I've tried FAT32 and NTFS. And if there is an obvious fix, you don't have to remind me that I am an idiot. I am well aware of it.

Re: "Unknown Filesystem. Entering rescue mode..." ERROR. Any solutions?

Reply #3
Ok, so I'm either messing up the installation or I'm just a complete idiot (which I obviously already am). So I'm trying to install "artix-lxqt-s6-20200211-x86_64" off of a live USB. When I boot off of the USB, I'm getting this grub error (subject). Normally I would now how to fix this error but for some reason what I'm usually trying isn't working. So yeah, that's pretty much it. What file type am I supposed to use? I've tried FAT32 and NTFS. And if there is an obvious fix, you don't have to remind me that I am an idiot. I am well aware of it.
Tell us exactly how you created the live USB. The recommended way is with dd:
Code: [Select]
% sudo dd if=artix-lxqt-s6-20200211-x86_64 of=/dev/sdX bs=4M status=progress
where X is your USB stick as shown with lsblk. Be extra careful not to overwrite your internal disk.

Re: "Unknown Filesystem. Entering rescue mode..." ERROR. Any solutions?

Reply #4
Encountered the same problem just now. Flashed the lxqt iso with dd.