Skip to main content
Topic: Help after I install pamac, on boot I get a blinking cursor. (Read 1202 times) previous topic - next topic

Help after I install pamac, on boot I get a blinking cursor.

Forgive me for being a noobie. I am migrating from manjaro. I installed pamac and now my install just has a blinking cursor, reinstalling does fix it however i would like to continue using pamac? Any help? And I use runit.

Re: Help after I install pamac, on boot I get a blinking cursor.

Reply #1
you can still use pacman in terminal instead  ;)

Reply #3
Forgive me for being a noobie. I am migrating from manjaro. I installed pamac and now my install just has a blinking cursor, reinstalling does fix it however i would like to continue using pamac? Any help? And I use runit.
A new installation or a migration from Manjaro?
Which version of Artix (LXDE, LXQT, Plasma, XFCE etc.)?
How did you install pamac?
pamac or pamac-gtk?

Reply #4
Yes however i would to have a gui as its much easier for me.

You won't get any, until you can't start xserver ;-) so only way (if you must install some packages as you wrote "reinstalling does fix it") is using pacman / pamac in terminal fo fix it. 

Reply #5
A new installation or a migration from Manjaro?
Which version of Artix (LXDE, LXQT, Plasma, XFCE etc.)?
How did you install pamac?
pamac or pamac-gtk?

Its a fresh install of xfce artix runit. I followed a guide and i think it downloaded it from a github.

Reply #6
It makes no sense that merely installing a GUI frontend for pacman would mess up your boot. Well it certainly shouldn't unless pamac is horridly designed or something.

Reply #7
Pamac, iirc there was an issue with Pamac while rebuilding dkms modules.

Reply #8
Pamac, iirc there was an issue with Pamac while rebuilding dkms modules.
im most likely downloading an old version, tmr ill try to find a tutorial with a newer version, sorry for the late reply, shrinking my windows partition for gaming corrupted it.

Reply #9
good news people, turns out i was installing it completely wrong, that online guide was terrible, i used a youtube tutorial for arch linux on how to install it on to there, applied the same for artix. Thank you for your help!

Reply #10
good news people, turns out i was installing it completely wrong, that online guide was terrible, i used a youtube tutorial for arch linux on how to install it on to there, applied the same for artix. Thank you for your help!
Sorry for inconvenience, but archlinux /artixlinux is for advanced users.