Skip to main content
Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] An update for cryptsetup stage1 script (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

[ANNOUNCEMENT] An update for cryptsetup stage1 script

We have updated the cryptsetup stage1 script with a cleaner version of it. See the file for details.

We also added an experimental support for encrypted swap. While I've tried it myself and it has a very satisfactory results, we invite all interested users to test it as it's on [gremlins] now. We hope to push it to [system] in two weeks to a month, depending on the response.

To install and test the new cryptsetup-runit script, there are two ways to do it:

Using the package manager

• Enable [gremlins] repo
  • pacman -Sy cryptsetup-runit (Note the lack of u, we only want to install, not upgrade the whole system)
  • Disable [gremlins] repo (if you don't want to use [gremlins] continually)
  • pacman -Syu (optional for the u part)

Direct download

Download the package directly from from our main mirror or your favourite mirror (using wget or other commands):
wget http://mirror1.artixlinux.org/repos/gremlins/os/x86_64/cryptsetup-runit-20210513-1-any.pkg.tar.zst
and then run
pacman -U cryptsetup-runit-20210513-1-any.pkg.tar.zst

Follow the Arch Wiki instructions to enable swap encryption.

As always, back up all important data before doing any operation related to disks.
now only the dinit guy in artix

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] An update for cryptsetup stage1 script

Reply #1
No complaints in the first two weeks, I'm going ahead and moving the new cryptsetup-runit stage1 script to [system] and see how it goes.
now only the dinit guy in artix