Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Auto mount internel drives (Read 1021 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Auto mount internel drives

I have two internal drives that I would like to auto mount at startup. I have tried editing fstab but I just can't get right, could I get some help with this please.

The two drive inquestion are both ntfs and store my music folders
Code: [Select]
sdb                                                                                    
├─sdb1                                                                                
└─sdb2 ntfs         New Volume     E01CBBD21CBBA248                      680.8G    27% /run/media/koo/New Volume
sdc                                                                                   
├─sdc1                                                                                
└─sdc2 ntfs         Storage        640841240840F718                        256G    45% /run/media/koo/Storage

This is a copy of my fstab file.

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=93f09d99-a371-4307-ad49-0654cf9b5097 /              ext4    defaults,noatime,discard 0 1
UUID=270efedc-f7d1-4115-8ce3-c0efc33fea07 /home          ext4    defaults,noatime,discard 0 2
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Thanks
antiX-19 i3 runit & ArtiX-i3 runit

Re: Auto mount internel drives

Reply #1
/run is a tmpfs filesystem, so you need to either create mountpoints before mounting or change mountpoints
ARMtix

Reply #2
I have two internal drives that I would like to auto mount at startup. I have tried editing fstab but I just can't get right, could I get some help with this please.

The two drive inquestion are both ntfs and store my music folders
sdb                                                                                    
├─sdb1                                                                                
└─sdb2 ntfs         New Volume     E01CBBD21CBBA248                      680.8G    27% /run/media/koo/New Volume
sdc                                                                                   
├─sdc1                                                                                
└─sdc2 ntfs         Storage        640841240840F718                        256G    45% /run/media/koo/Storage

This is a copy of my fstab file.

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=93f09d99-a371-4307-ad49-0654cf9b5097 /              ext4    defaults,noatime,discard 0 1
UUID=270efedc-f7d1-4115-8ce3-c0efc33fea07 /home          ext4    defaults,noatime,discard 0 2
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Thanks

Create mount points, find UUIDs with blkid and mount them at /etc/fstab

Reply #3
Thanks for the feed back.

I tried every option I could think of in fstab and still could not get it to auto mount my drive on bootup. And never got one boot error.
Commands I used.
cat /proc/mounts
sudo blkid

But last night while using spacefm I right clicked one of the drives then Settings>Auto Mount>Mount Volumes and added one of the drive to the list now the drive auto mounts on bootup even without opening spacefm.
https://ibb.co/9qtYnKP
antiX-19 i3 runit & ArtiX-i3 runit