Skip to main content
Topic: ueberzug does not work (Read 2029 times) previous topic - next topic

ueberzug does not work

Ueberzug is not working for me. alium sent a reply to this topic, saying that all the python packages have been updated to work with Python 3.9 a few minutes ago. I just updated my system, and even after updating, ueberzug still does not work. (it kinda works, but when I try to switch images, it gives this error):
Code: [Select]
Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-7' coro=<shutdown() done, defined at /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ueberzug/layer.py:88> exception=AttributeError("type object '_asyncio.Task' has no attribute 'all_tasks'")>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/ueberzug/layer.py", line 89, in shutdown
    tasks = [task for task in asyncio.Task.all_tasks()
AttributeError: type object '_asyncio.Task' has no attribute 'all_tasks'

Re: ueberzug does not work

Reply #1
installed via pip or via pacman from archlinux community?

Reply #2
via pacman, from the archlinux community repo.

Reply #3
I solved this by uninstalling ueberzug and installing python-ueberzug-git from AUR by using an AUR helper (yay in my case).

Python has been updated recently, it caused a number of problems. I suspect it will take some time before things are back in order.

P.S: Just goes to show what a bloated mess Python is.

Reply #4
interestingly! just uninstalling and installing again solved the problem. can you please try to see if the same procedure works for community packages as well? (Ueberzug is an archlinux package, not ours.)

Reply #6
I use ueberezug to view images in ranger and in a custom script to show cover art images for songs playing on mpd. Strangely, ueberzug is working on ranger, but not on the script. I also tried the AUR version and even tried installing through pip, but none worked.

Reply #7
I use ueberezug to view images in ranger and in a custom script to show cover art images for songs playing on mpd. Strangely, ueberzug is working on ranger, but not on the script. I also tried the AUR version and even tried installing through pip, but none worked.
could it not happen that when switching to git version due to changes in source code in git script does not work?
if it works with another program and not with the script, won't there be a script error?
So does the program itself work?

Reply #8
I noticed that when ueberzug used to leave open processes when called by ranger and I would quit ranger, their command was /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/ueberzug [etc...] so maybe try prepending full path to Python executable to the call to ueberzug and also full path to ueberzug?