Skip to main content
Topic: Installation package that understands only systemd on OpenRC system (Read 866 times) previous topic - next topic

Installation package that understands only systemd on OpenRC system

I selected OpenRC. I recenly installed a package, virtualbox-guest-utils, and it install services to /lib/systemd/system/. These services are not in /etc/init.d/

Would these services  start? How can I check if they do? I tried rc-update show -v and the serviecs are not listed.

Re: Installation package that understands only systemd on OpenRC system

Reply #1
our virtualbox-guest-utils contains no systemd services. archlinux's virtualbox-guest-utils contains  /usr/lib/systemd/system/vboxdrmclient.service /usr/lib/systemd/system/vboxservice.service. This service works only with systemd. In artixlinux this services will not start. You can start it manually, or write a script for openrc. I don't know if these scripts for openrc exists, but probably not, because virtualbox with virtualbox-host-dkms works on artixlinux for the vast majority without problems.

Reply #2
Thanks for all you help!

I also do not know why  VirtualBox's Shared Folder does not work for me.  Other features, like clipboard works.

I re-install using artic-cinnamon-openrc-20201207-x86+64.iso.  Upon completion, I ran the below, and Share Folder is still not working...

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S virtualbox-guest-utils virtualboc-guest-modules-artix

Reply #3
I also do not know why  VirtualBox's Shared Folder does not work for me.  Other features, like clipboard works.
I re-install using artic-cinnamon-openrc-20201207-x86+64.iso.  Upon completion, I ran the below, and Share Folder is still not working...

No need to re-install the entire system over such trivial matters... Windows or Linux guest OS?

Reply #4
Sometimes you need the right version of virtualbox utils to work correctly.

Reply #5
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S virtualbox-guest-utils virtualboc-guest-modules-artix

i have installed
Code: [Select]
pacman -S virtualbox virtualbox-guest-iso virtualbox-host-dkms
and
from AUR
virtualbox-ext-oracle

member of groups:
http games dbus ntp network scanner power users cups nordvpn video storage lp disk optical audio wheel 

lsmod:
vboxnetflt             32768  0
vboxnetadp             28672  0
vboxdrv               552960  2 vboxnetadp,vboxnetflt

and virtualbox with Windows 7 works out of box absolutely perfect

if you install same packages as i have, it must works for you too!