Skip to main content
Topic: Webmin is available for Artix Linux, in Universe repo (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

Webmin is available for Artix Linux, in Universe repo

This is to announce the availability of webmin for all of our init systems, in universe repo.

Note, that it is oneshot service (not a longrun) and thus it is been executed once, therefor it may looks down after execution, as below:

Have fun, by adding universe in your /etc/pacman.conf, as below:

Code: [Select]
[universe]

Server = https://universe.artixlinux.org/$arch

Wiki alone with  Securing Webmin, are also available and must be studied!

Re: Webmin is available for Artix Linux, in Universe repo

Reply #1
This is excellent news.

I'm a long time Webmin user, though I haven't looked closely at the internals of how it all works.

Is it difficult to get it to fit with Artix given that the package management is obviously pacman rather than dnf or apt and obviously no systemd for managing services?

I guess, the reason I am asking is this, how difficult would it be to get Virtualmin to work on Artix too? I'm happy to have a play and see if I can help if you don't mind giving me some pointers... Long time Linux user, only just switched to Artix but love the whole ethos of the project and would dearly love to switch all my servers over to using it (but I do need Virtualmin)

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing if you think it's doable or not :)

Reply #2
This is excellent news.

I'm a long time Webmin user, though I haven't looked closely at the internals of how it all works.

Is it difficult to get it to fit with Artix given that the package management is obviously pacman rather than dnf or apt and obviously no systemd for managing services?

I guess, the reason I am asking is this, how difficult would it be to get Virtualmin to work on Artix too? I'm happy to have a play and see if I can help if you don't mind giving me some pointers... Long time Linux user, only just switched to Artix but love the whole ethos of the project and would dearly love to switch all my servers over to using it (but I do need Virtualmin)

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing if you think it's doable or not :)
Hi and thanks for your feedback.

We have the same way of thinking, in this case.

It is correct that it cannot handle the services yet, cause is connected with systemd 's systemctl commands, and I am working on this issue to resolve that and considering to add virtualmin support  (but I am not aware when it will be done now), right after solving the services issue.

For pacman, e.t.c., there are not any problems, cause it detects the system as Arch Linux.

If you face some other issue, please post it here.

Have fun

[Addition] fakesystemctl for webmin mainly, has been created

[Status] Completed, next target is Virtualmin

Reply #3
webmin has been updated to version 1.973
On a bended knee, or systemd, you will never live free

Reply #4
Hello
webmin-1.982-1-any.pkg.tar.zst   is missing the corresponding .sig file