Skip to main content
Topic: Misbehaving mouse buttons in applications. (Read 994 times) previous topic - next topic

Misbehaving mouse buttons in applications.

Hello!

I have had this weird issue since I bought a new mouse (Logitech G502 Hero), that in the context menus of certain apps, like Firefox, or Thunar, pressing any mouse button would act as a left click, like, for example, clicking with a scroll wheel button on the "New tab" button would open up a new tab, etc.
This behavior is very strange and is reproducible through multiple Linux distributions that I've tried, like Void.
Also, I've used Xfce4 and bspwm, and both of those have this issue.
This issue is not reproducible in Windows.
Although I've tried to debug this behavior using:
Code: [Select]
libinput debug-events
It wasn't very helpful, as it was reporting the button clicks properly.
If any of you have any idea how to fix this behavior, feel free to respond.

Thanks in advance,
Carbon.

Re: Misbehaving mouse buttons in applications.

Reply #1
install piper and configure properly your gaming mouse  ;)
pacman -S piper

in Internet you can find a lot pages about g502 and this problem and how to set up  ;)

Reply #2
install piper and configure properly your gaming mouse  ;)
pacman -S piper

in Internet you can find a lot pages about g502 and this problem and how to set up  ;)
Thank you for the response!
Piper is a great utility to configure a G502 mouse. However, there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary.
Had no luck trying to look up this particular issue, but I'm gonna try harder. ;) Thanks.

Reply #3
put here output from
dmesg

and
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

how you configured your mouse for X server ?

the mouse behaves strangely only in browsers, and elsewhere it works normally? or is he acting weird everywhere?

Reply #4
you can try use xf86-input-evdev instead of xf86-input-libinput

Reply #5
put here output from
dmesg

and
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

how you configured your mouse for X server ?

the mouse behaves strangely only in browsers, and elsewhere it works normally? or is he acting weird everywhere?
Both of the outputs are attached.
As for the configuration; I have not configured anything for the X server, so I run the default settings.
For the occurences; it happens in almost all applications, with the notable exception of Discord, where this behavior does not occur.

As for your second reply, I might try following the wiki article on Arch Wiki for the mouse button config using evdev.

Reply #6
did you try replace xf86-input-evdev instead of xf86-input-libinput ?

put here output from
ls /dev/input/by-id | grep Logitech_Gaming

Reply #7
did you try replace xf86-input-evdev instead of xf86-input-libinput ?

put here output from
ls /dev/input/by-id | grep Logitech_Gaming
Removing xf86-input-libinput would break the dependency required by xorg-server (though I could try -Rdd). Installed xf86-input-evdev, however nothing changed, even after using the Arch Linux wiki on Mouse Buttons.
Here's the output (although, Logitech_G502)
usb-Logitech_G502_HERO_Gaming_Mouse_168F39673334-event-if01
usb-Logitech_G502_HERO_Gaming_Mouse_168F39673334-event-mouse
usb-Logitech_G502_HERO_Gaming_Mouse_168F39673334-if01-event-kbd
usb-Logitech_G502_HERO_Gaming_Mouse_168F39673334-mouse

Reply #8
ok, it can be still defined evdev driver in Xserver configuration's file in etc.
output seems normally, but X.org log say many times:  "No input driver specified, ignoring this device." Which is not normally.

you should configure your mouse for Xorg server - see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_buttons how to create a config file -> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_buttons#Configuring_Xorg <- you can see here, driver evdev is used

you can try  it, maybe you get a better result as with libinput, maybe not.

Reply #9
Well, I'm already running evdev, still no changes.

Found out that this issue has been around for at least a year and a half - or it just came out of nowhere recently - https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/63677
Gonna try researching on that matter.

EDIT: nevermind, just dumb, not related at all
EDIT 2: Middle click is working as left click only in Firefox based browsers, because it's an option. This only leaves the right click button working as a left click.