Skip to main content
Topic: Building ISO from Artools on stable (Read 1431 times) previous topic - next topic

Building ISO from Artools on stable

In trying to build iso using "buildiso -p cinnamon" the desktop files are not pulled so no desktop image made. Not sure what is wrong or how to fix

Re: Building ISO from Artools on stable

Reply #1
Your inquiry opened up a new door for a whole bunch of artools I have not yet investigated.

There is though a pkg called artix-iso-profiles and it seems as includin a cinammon (dreaded desktop from hell) profile.  Have you utilized this?

Maybe this is what is needed for building desktop images.

Best of luck cloning Artix

Reply #2
PS  I've been working on an installation of Artix with S6 and runit supervising.
It is half artix half obarun.

Reply #3
Your inquiry opened up a new door for a whole bunch of artools I have not yet investigated.

There is though a pkg called artix-iso-profiles and it seems as includin a cinammon (dreaded desktop from hell) profile.  Have you utilized this?

Maybe this is what is needed for building desktop images.

Best of luck cloning Artix

Yes I did but two things seem to be wrong the buildiso command just pulls from "base" provided by artools-iso-base" and ignores
"artix-iso-profiles".
If you do "sudo buildiso -p cinnamon -qv" the log in info passwords etc are all blank which may be connected to the above problem?

see also https://github.com/artix-linux/world/issues/39

Reply #4
this might be a worthwhile thing to pursue, not just for desktop production. hmm.

Reply #5
PS  I've been working on an installation of Artix with S6 and runit supervising.
It is half artix half obarun.

I'd be interested in seeing your runit and S6 openrc supervision  :D