Skip to main content
Topic: spice-vdagentd doesn't work (Read 1189 times) previous topic - next topic

spice-vdagentd doesn't work

After installing spice-vdagent and spice-vdagentd-s6, on the tty1 terminal it says:

Code: [Select]
spice-vdagentd: Fatal could not create the server socket /run/spice-vdagentd/spice-vdagent-sock: Error binding to address (GUnix SocketAddress): No such file or directory

I'm trying out Artix in a KVM virtual machine, and need spice-vdagentd to paste clipboard.

Re: spice-vdagentd doesn't work

Reply #1
Thanks for the report. I just fixed it and pushed a new spice-vdagent-s6 update.

Reply #2
Thanks for the report. I just fixed it and pushed a new spice-vdagent-s6 update.
Thanks for the update. I receive a new message now, which says: mkdir: missing operand.

Also, I couldn't get the qxl module to work in KVM. Do you have any idea? I tried xf86-video-qxl, but it says Screen(s) found but none have a usable configuration.

Reply #3
Sorry, I stupidly somehow left out the directory name in the command. Pushed another update. That should do it this time. Unsure about the qxl thing.

Reply #4
Did you also install qemu-guest-agent and qemu-guest-agent-s6 ?

On my system the Video QXL xml entry looks like this:
Code: [Select]
<video>
  <model type="qxl" ram="65536" vram="65536" vgamem="16384" heads="1" primary="yes"/>
  <alias name="video0"/>
  <address type="pci" domain="0x0000" bus="0x00" slot="0x01" function="0x0"/>
</video>

And in the guest:
lspci|grep -i qxl
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Red Hat, Inc. QXL paravirtual graphic card (rev 05)