Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Network manager issue (Read 5374 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Network manager issue

Hi,
Yesterday, I switched from Arch Linux to Artix Linux(OpenRC), I installed Artix Linux using official wiki guide and KDE Plasma Desktop environment. Internet was working fine , but NetworkManager was not starting . Next day I booted system somehow I saw NetworkManager was working fine , After reboot it again stop working.

Code: [Select]
$ sudo rc-status
Runlevel: default
 dbus                                                                                   [  started 00:26:11 (0) ]
 elogind                                                                                [  started 00:26:07 (0) ]
 NetworkManager                                                                                        [ failed ]
 ntp-client                                                                                         [  started  ]
 cupsd                                                                                  [  started 00:26:05 (0) ]
 netmount                                                                                           [  started  ]
 ntpd                                                                                   [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 sddm                                                                                   [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 local                                                                                              [  started  ]
 agetty.tty3                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 agetty.tty6                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 agetty.tty4                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 agetty.tty5                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 agetty.tty1                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
 agetty.tty2                                                                            [  started 00:25:47 (0) ]
Dynamic Runlevel: hotplugged
Dynamic Runlevel: needed/wanted
 avahi-daemon                                                                           [  started 00:26:05 (0) ]
Dynamic Runlevel: manual
 NetworkManager                                                                                        [ failed ]

Code: [Select]
$ sudo rc-service NetworkManager start -v
 * Executing: /usr/lib/openrc/sh/openrc-run.sh /usr/lib/openrc/sh/openrc-run.sh /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
 * Starting NetworkManager ...
 * supervise-daemon: fopen `/run/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.pid': No such file or directory
 * Detaching to start `/usr/bin/NetworkManager'                                                                        [ ok ]
Create problems which don't have solution

Re: Network manager issue

Reply #1
I'll look at fixing this ASAP.

Reply #2

Update:
  • Above problem occurs during cli installation.
  • Now I have installed  Artix linux openrc with gui installer + plasma desktop , network manager is working fine .
    I don't know which thing I missing during cli installation , can you add  NetworkManager configuration page in installation page of wiki.
Thanks you for response.

Reply #6
I got the same problem, downgrade to the previous networkmanager-openrc (update of yesterday evening) and all work correctly. Now I'm using the version networkmanager-openrc-20210427-1-any.pkg.tar.zst and is fine.

The problem appear with the version: networkmanager-openrc-20210501-1-any.pkg.tar.zst.

Reply #7
I got the same problem, downgrade to the previous networkmanager-openrc (update of yesterday evening) and all work correctly. Now I'm using the version networkmanager-openrc-20210427-1-any.pkg.tar.zst and is fine.

The problem appear with the version: networkmanager-openrc-20210501-1-any.pkg.tar.zst.

I updated to networkmanager-openrc 20210502-1 so it works fine.

Reply #8
Again I installed Artix Linux through CLI installation + Xfce Desktop in Virtual Machine. So NetworkManager was working. I think this above problem can be cause due to my mistake.
I think this Topic should be closed.
Thank you for support.