Skip to main content
Topic: qt5ct qt5 theming problem after latest update (Read 1991 times) previous topic - next topic

qt5ct qt5 theming problem after latest update

Hey again everyone! I've got two massive problems I need to solve!

First one is this package that is blocking me from being able to properly do my updates the normal way.

Code: [Select]
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: pygtk: installing python2-gobject2 (2.28.7-1) breaks dependency 'pygobject'

and the second one is after installing the new updates today I cannot open up qt5ct & qupzilla & my other QT apps[qbittorrent & a few others]  aren't set to the GTK theme.. this is the error I get when I try to open up qt5ct.

qt5ct
qt5ct: /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.10' not found (required by qt5ct)

Edit: I have solved the python2-gobject2 error by installing extra/pygtk
but, I still have the qt5ct problem & I really need to get that figured out. I'd like my QT apps to use the GTK theme, qupzilla is so ugly without it!

All 4 of my computers are doing this! We really have got to do something about updates always breaking QT theme settings... This is the 3rd time its happened.

Re: qt5ct qt5 theming problem after latest update

Reply #1
So it would appear there are qt5 stuff in extra/ repository. I am trying to upgrade my packages manually to the ones in extra. Why isn't it auto-updating them when I do -Syu or -Syyu ???

Edit: I have found a solution, edit /etc/pacman.conf & comment out [world] & the thing beneath it so it looks like this

#[world]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

then just run sudo pacman -Syyu & It should work! :D

edit: I have found a solution that means we can keep [world] !
Just put

[world]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

underneath [extra] and you're good to go! I put it at the very bottom

Reply #2
On a side note, the qt5-base in arch extra repo is compiled with enabled journald feature, which is part of systemd.
Don't use it, qt5 updates are ready in world-testing.

Reply #3
oh... well I've already updated all 4 of my computers to the extra repo.. :/

What should I do now? I thought my solution was good but I guess I'm wrong...

I really wish you guys would get rid of the direct arch repos & make a repo for all the arch updates so you can choose when they should go to Artix.
Like, an indirect arch repo, where you control when the updates happen on Artix.

Reply #4
oh... well I've already updated all 4 of my computers to the extra repo.. :/

What should I do now? I thought my solution was good but I guess I'm wrong...

I really wish you guys would get rid of the direct arch repos & make a repo for all the arch updates so you can choose when they should go to Artix.
Like, an indirect arch repo, where you control when the updates happen on Artix.
That is what we are doing actually. But it takes time, we have to recompile all packages and there are thousands of packages that have to be done. It is a new project so it will take time before we can get everything 100% seperated from arch's repos, we are only using arch's repos as a backup until that time.
Chris Cromer

Reply #5
That is what we are doing actually. But it takes time, we have to recompile all packages and there are thousands of packages that have to be done. It is a new project so it will take time before we can get everything 100% seperated from arch's repos, we are only using arch's repos as a backup until that time.

Ohhh good to know! Thank you for letting me know. I hope I won't run into too big of problems when that move happens.
I'm learning Gentoo Linux right now on my i686 netbook, so believe me when I say I know the pain of recompiling packages, this little intel atom is soooooooooooooo slow! One package, qtwebengine, took over 24 hours!

Reply #6
Yeah, qtwebengine is a pain. It took me 4 hours on my intel core i7.
Chris Cromer

Reply #8
Yeah, qtwebengine is a pain. It took me 4 hours on my intel core i7.

Yeah, my desktop goes much faster too. FX-6300 hexa-core. Damn intel atoms are too slow, but I do really like my i686 netbook, it has an SSD in it :P

So the QT5 updates are finally in the world repo, I can just upgrade it by doing sudo pacman -S world/qt5 right? I think that works.