Skip to main content
Topic: ufw setup & operation failure | Artix, runit with plasma (Read 1202 times) previous topic - next topic

ufw setup & operation failure | Artix, runit with plasma

Having a bit of an issue trying to figure out how to properly setup ufw | ufw-runit to automatically run at start-up & reboots. I just reinstalled this afternoon to go with a clean slate. The system is up to date and I am running plasma as my desktop environment. Additionally I am fairly green with linux in general usually I try and succeed with figuring these kinda things out but this has me at a loss.

Appreciate your time

Re: ufw setup & operation failure | Artix, runit with plasma

Reply #2
I always run ufw with the enable option an initial time (as root):

Code: [Select]
ufw enable

Reply #3
I got this sorted by first installing these two packages:

pacman -S ufw ufw-runit

Then you have to manually enable the ufw service:

ln -s /etc/runit/sv/ufw /run/runit/service

I am not sure why the ufw-runit package does not automatically create that symbolic link, but you have to create it manually before ufw will start automatically at boot.

Reply #4
I am not sure why the ufw-runit package does not automatically create that symbolic link,
It makes sense when you consider that services in general have to be configured before activation. Not every service works (or works in a desired manner) "out of the box". For the sake of consistency, all service packages are made the same with regards to activation.