Skip to main content
Topic: Hard Drive full install (Read 633 times) previous topic - next topic

Hard Drive full install

Can I do a full iinstall if I start with this artix-base-openrc-20210726-x86_64.iso? I have a old Acre Laptop with Windows 8 which I don't version 8 with a 6mb of ram and 1TB hard drive I would like to replace with Artix. Why I want to use Artix-Base because I want to install Mate and some more programs. If I can can tell me how?

I downloaded the Artix Mate version but I didn't like it because there was programs I won't never use and there was a Mate program that wasn't there. I want to build the way I want it.

I have use pacman before with a live version Nemesis and I built Mate for it. I just want to learn how to do it

Thanks

Re: Hard Drive full install

Reply #1
You sure can, there are instructions on the wiki which lay out all the steps for installing from the base ISOs.

Keep in mind you'll need an active internet connection (preferably via ethernet).

Reply #2
You sure can, there are instructions on the wiki which lay out all the steps for installing from the base ISOs.

Keep in mind you'll need an active internet connection (preferably via ethernet).
I only have WiFi will it work? Will it work on a 64gb USB3.1 to?

Reply #3
You can check your hardware support by loading from live iso and trying to connect to internet from live system. Maybe you'll need an additional setup.

My artix is about 12 Gb. But it depends on your app preferences and needs. Your experience may differ :-)

Reply #4
Can I do a full iinstall if I start with this artix-base-openrc-20210726-x86_64.iso? I have a old Acre Laptop with Windows 8 which I don't version 8 with a 6mb of ram and 1TB hard drive I would like to replace with Artix. Why I want to use Artix-Base because I want to install Mate and some more programs. If I can can tell me how?
I downloaded the Artix Mate version but I didn't like it because there was programs I won't never use and there was a Mate program that wasn't there. I want to build the way I want it.
I have use pacman before with a live version Nemesis and I built Mate for it. I just want to learn how to do it
Our DE ISOs are pretty bare bones (browser, media player, doc viewer), by we always encourage users to use  base ISOs.

If it works with the MATE ISO, it'll work with base ISOs. So, yes and yes.