Skip to main content
Topic: installing yaml-cpp (0.7.2-2) breaks dependency  (Read 634 times) previous topic - next topic

installing yaml-cpp (0.7.2-2) breaks dependency

Hello all,

When updating, I get:
Code: [Select]
: installing yaml-cpp (0.7.0-2) breaks dependency 'libyaml-cpp.so=0.6-64' required by supercollider

I just wanted to report this: if you have supercollider installed, you can't update right now because Artix's Galaxy has updated yaml-cpp to 0.7.0-2, while in the Community repo yaml-cpp is still 0.6-64.

I do think it's super impressive that Galaxy has a more up to date version. I'm not able to update because of this. Should I just wait on updating until supercollider starts using the new yaml-cpp?  Should I compile supercollider from source?

Thank you very much for your help and hard work on Artix!

Re: installing yaml-cpp (0.7.2-2) breaks dependency

Reply #1
Code: [Select]
galaxy/yaml-cpp 0.7.0-2
    YAML parser and emitter in C++, written around the YAML 1.2 spec
community/yaml-cpp 0.7.0-2
    YAML parser and emitter in C++, written around the YAML 1.2 spec
Shows to be same version

Reply #3
Sorry all, I didn't realize it was possible for a mirror to be out of sync. I'll make sure to look into that and update it. Thank you for your help!  :)

Reply #4
Sorry all, I didn't realize it was possible for a mirror to be out of sync. I'll make sure to look into that and update it. Thank you for your help!  :)
Some mirrors sync every 12 hours or so. This holds especially true for large mirrors which sync tens if not hundreds of distro repositories.