Skip to main content
Topic: Installation from usb fails with error (Read 2737 times) previous topic - next topic

Installation from usb fails with error

Hello all,

I was trying to install from usb, but it fails with  below error and drops to rootfs shell.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: '/dev/disk/by-label/' device did not show up after 30 seconds...
       Falling back to interactive prompt
       You can try to fix the problem manually, log out when you are finished
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

I used diskutil to format usb and unetbootin to write the iso.
artix-lxqt-20171015-x86_64.iso

how can it be fixed, please suggest.

Re: Installation from usb fails with error

Reply #1
I think the iso is broken as grub is old there is supposed to be a netinstal question on it but it does not appear and in one of the scripts is a check that netinstall, utc, keyboard and language have all been set which can not be done.
Note you should not use unetbootin as Artix iso is a hybrid and not sure unetbootin can handle this? 

Correction the Iso does boot now and calamares will install but the user and permission problem see
https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,316.0.html
is still there so the iso for me is still useless.

Reply #2
use dd, etcher or suse imagewriter not Unetbootin thats for Ubuntu type installs

Reply #4
@mandog  I used dd and was able to boot, but can't connect to wifi.

getting this in logs

Code: [Select]
wlan0: deauthenticating from mac:adress by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)
kernel: udevd[596]: RUN{builtin}: 'uaccess' unknown /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/73-seat-late.rules:15

I tried NetworkManager, wpasupplicant, disabled dhcp, removed the file none worked.

Thank you

Reply #5
Please post results of this command from terminal  inxi -F  it will give your system info