Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED]Who can build an ISO for me? (Read 2337 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED]Who can build an ISO for me?

Hi!

I have Artix in a VBox and tried to build an ISO with artools, and it finished with no errors. The problem is, that I can't login to the live session, I always get the message that the login is incorrect.

Why I need a new ISO?
Well, I tried to install Artix on my PC, but it doesn't work with nouveau, I need nvidia with nvidia-utils and nvidia-settings. It has nothing to do with Artix, no Distri will work with nouveau.

So what I need is:
- KDE Plasma
-  nvidia, nvidia-utils and nvidia-settings
- ck Kernel for AMD Ryzen and nvidia Kernel modules would fine but I can install it afterwards

Who can do this for me?

Kind Regards

Re: Who can build an ISO for me?

Reply #1
Jjust install nvidia-dkms and be done with it.
We likely won't build iso with proprietary drivers on it.

Reply #2
How should I install it? I can't access the system.

Reply #3
live session login:
user: artix
pass: artix
sudo pass: artix

Reply #4
You don't understand:

I can't access the system because of the not available nvidia driver. The screen flickers and I can't login.

Reply #5
You may have to add kernel parameters for nouveau.
In grub screen, you can set additional kernel parameters, it also shows some help, iirc it shows necessary params for nouveau.
Its the menu entry above Help.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/nouveau

Reply #6
I will try it tomorrow.

Reply #7
Code: [Select]
nouveau.modeset=0

may do the trick.

Reply #8
If you have another pc that will boot artix and make an installation on a usb stick, add all the firmware and pkgs you need for nouveau then dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdanewpartitionname

The only thing to remember when dd something from a stick the uuid transfers to the other partition so you have to use gparted or something to assign a new uuid or the system will not read both at the same time.  Also you have to modify grub to get it to boot first try.  (ie hd1,msdos1 should become hd0,msdos8 or something like that, the uuid you see on the entries should be correct as it came from the USB).

Don't let other systems' grub make an entry for artix or you will get kernel panick and lock.

Reply #9
I don't have another pc.

I will try it with nouveau.modeset=0

But another question:
why can't I login with my ISO build with artools? It says login incorrect ( no I didn't edit anything except to add nvidia to the package list).

Reply #10
I can't login to to the system.

I added nouveau.modeset=0 and then the system ends at starting.agetty 2-6.
I pressed enter and logged in with artix/artix, but couldn't start Xorg.

Reply #11
I don't know which iso you are using, the old-lxqt maybe?
Try sudo sddm if you have logged in as artix.
The old iso has invalid repositories for Artix, you can copy them and paste them on the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and remove the sf.
Then do an update of the keyring, pacman, and re-update.

I have been able to make a good installation using the old iso but not consistently as calamares seems to crash and need a reboot to work well again.  Reboot means you need to re-edit the mirrorlist.
As I understand it while calamares does the installation it uses pkg from the repos not the ones on the iso, so once the system installs it is already updated to the minute the installation starts.

Hey, at least you have gotten to the login console.  I have no clue how to help with nouveau stuff.

Reply #12
The latest lxqt Iso from October.

And, I can't login in the live session, so it's not possible to do anything.

Reply #13
Maybe if you can help me locate the proper firmware in Devuan/Debian I can make a refracta minimal iso for you so you can use it to chroot to an artix system.

I'look into it and write back.

This just came out, maybe you should give it a try, it claims to be loaded with all kinds of firmware.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/testing/refracta9_nox_amd64_beta-20171225_1816.iso
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1803

Reply #14
1   Userspace interface to nouveau-specific kernel DRM services -- runtime
2   X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver

Both of these packages are included in the iso mentioned above.
Maybe you can run a vm, make an installation of Artix, add the necessary firmware and then make an image and transfer it to a partition.