Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: New ISO stuck on creating partitions (Read 2031 times) previous topic - next topic

New ISO stuck on creating partitions

Hey guys, so I've tried twice now but it just gets stuck at creating new partition... I've tried to put the FAT32 UEFI partition first & then tried the / root partition first, both times it seems to be stuck. It will get stuck at either 6% or 9%., it just won't budge for hours... I've tried 4 times now. I wish there was more I could tell you about this but all I have is the output of calamares in the terminal.

I will update this with more info momentarily.

https://pastebin.com/PQnbqp48

I've also tried running sudo pacman -Syyu on the USB boot then trying the installation but its not working. I had Artix installed on BIOS with the previous ISO, I tried this time in UEFI mode with the new ISO. Why would it get stuck doing the partitions?? I've made a new GPT partition table, I don't know why its not working..

Yeah, I can't make this thing work no matter what I do...

Re: New ISO stuck on creating partitions

Reply #2
Mine was getting stuck at 21% but looking at the tasks list it was working (I think rsync between repositories and partition) and eventually worked.

Unfortunately the last couple installations I did was a couple of days before the new iso came out.  All I know is that refracta-installer for making a similar size installation takes a small fraction of the time.

I don't think the first calamares took this long, I actually thought it was very good then.

Reply #3
It probably does but "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio is still broken the error message

Code: [Select]
File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py", line 36, in run\n    run_mkinitcpio()\n\n  File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py", line 28, in run_mkinitcpio\n    check_target_env_call(['mkinitcpio', '-p', kernel])\n\n  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>\n" 
21:36:56 [0]: Installation failed:
21:36:56 [0]: - message: "Boost.Python error in job \"initcpio\"."
21:36:56 [0]: - details: "<div><strong>&lt;class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'&gt;</strong></div><div>Command 'mkinitcpio -p linux' returned non-zero exit status 127.</div><div>Traceback:</div><div><pre>  File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py&quot;, line 36, in run\n    run_mkinitcpio()\n\n  File &quot;/usr/lib/calamares/modules/initcpio/main.py&quot;, line 28, in run_mkinitcpio\n    check_target_env_call(['mkinitcpio', '-p'

Reply #5
Ohh awesome! Another new ISO! Well that's wonderful!! :D

Thank you, I'm gonna try it now.

Edit: It has passed 6% & 9% where it was getting stuck at earlier. Its at 31% Unsquash filesystem. I think theres a good chance that it may fail to install in UEFI mode but we will see.

Edit 2: Its installed & working in UEFI, hurray! :D

Note: the -testing repos are enabled, I'm gonna disable them, do you guys know they will be enabled after doing a fresh install?

Reply #6

Note: the -testing repos are enabled, I'm gonna disable them, do you guys know they will be enabled after doing a fresh install?

Yep, I left testing repos enabled, since we have basically the live session packages stuff in testing at build time.

Reply #7

Yep, I left testing repos enabled, since we have basically the live session packages stuff in testing at build time.

oh ok, I just wasn't sure if you guys knew about it or not.
Uummm, I get this weird error when trying to enable SSH... You know how to solve this one, Artoo?
'Privilege separation user nobody does not exist'
that's what I get when I enter sudo rc-service sshd start

Reply #8

'Privilege separation user nobody does not exist'

I'll fix that, its our new filesystem package that now relies exclusively on sysusers.d files to manage users and groups.
The nobody group needs to be added and you'll get the update package with normal update procedure.

Reply #9

I'll fix that, its our new filesystem package that now relies exclusively on sysusers.d files to manage users and groups.
The nobody group needs to be added and you'll get the update package with normal update procedure.

Ah dang. I tried adding the group 'nobody' but it seems like that didn't solve it. I suppose there's no quick solution to this so I'll have to wait. I have to go out right now anyways, hopefully I can get this working when I get home. Thanks for working so hard on all of this stuff, you guys rock!