Skip to main content
Topic: Login issue after upgrade above linux-5.15.5-artix1-1 (Read 1803 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Login issue after upgrade above linux-5.15.5-artix1-1

Reply #15
What init system/DE are you using? I'm assuming runit since you posted in runit subforum, and gtk-based since you are using lightdm.

I have multiple test QEMU guests running updated versions of Artix, and none have the problem you described. The most similar to your issue was the behavior of 66 live images under any DE before autologin in 66 live environment was fixed. That is, however, far from an installed runit system. So the issue is specific to your system and its configuration. If you don't want to continue investigating the cause of the issue, feel free to reinstall, however that is a drastic solution.

About your settings, everything user-related is under /home/your_user_name, mostly inside ~/.config, ~/.local and ~/.cache.

Reply #16
What init system/DE are you using? I'm assuming runit since you posted in runit subforum, and gtk-based since you are using lightdm.

I have multiple test QEMU guests running updated versions of Artix, and none have the problem you described. The most similar to your issue was the behavior of 66 live images under any DE before autologin in 66 live environment was fixed. That is, however, far from an installed runit system. So the issue is specific to your system and its configuration. If you don't want to continue investigating the cause of the issue, feel free to reinstall, however that is a drastic solution.

About your settings, everything user-related is under /home/your_user_name, mostly inside ~/.config, ~/.local and ~/.cache.

Yes, I use "runit". System was installed about a year ago from this ISO: "artix-mate-runit-20210101-x86_64.iso". I want to continue investigating, but I see that it is more difficult than I thought. That's why I thought it would be easier to reinstall. I'll try to investigate further tomorrow.
Thanks for the tip on the settings.

Reply #17
After updating the system above linux-5.15.5-artix1-1 I can not log in. After entering the username and password, the same window appear. Initially, the system was set to enter without requiring a login and password. But after the update, this request appears.

Thank you,
        for sharing such good information, for lots of love, and amazing things that you have contributed.