Skip to main content
Topic: Installed at the exact wrong time, ffmpeg breakages. Need help downgrading. (Read 3108 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Installed at the exact wrong time, ffmpeg breakages. Need help downgrading.

Reply #30
Re mixxx, I'm fully updated here, and just tried to install & build mixxx-git from the AUR to see what happened - it built perfectly, app starts fine, apparently works, it plays some mp3 file I tried anyway.
I see, i ended up uninstalling mixxx because i realized it's probably going to take them months on Arch to build it against the new ffmpeg.
I thought about building it myself, but wasn't sure that it would solve the problem, now i am, so thanks!

Reply #31
ffmpeg-compat-58 requires x264 which breaks dependency 'libx264.so=163-64' required by ffmpeg for me.

Reply #32
You have the old ffmpeg installed in that case, because version 2:4.4.1-1 currently found in omniverse and extra require that, but you want ffmpeg version 2:5.0-3 from the world repo. The point of the compat package is to provide the libs from 2:4.4.1-1 alongside your installed 2:5.0-3 libs so then everything works whichever version of ffmpeg it depends on, so you can stay fully updated as usual and still use packages from Arch repos and Artix ones.