Skip to main content
Topic: migration - install init scripts and enable services (Read 652 times) previous topic - next topic

migration - install init scripts and enable services

Install Init Scripts
is this just a list of examples? 

or should i substitute the running services list I created with

Enabling Services
again is this a list of examples or do i sub in my saved running services?

Re: migration - install init scripts and enable services

Reply #1
You are supposed to know what you are doing when migrating so you are supposed to know what you have to install

Reply #2
You are supposed to know what you are doing when migrating so you are supposed to know what you have to install

please stop with the I am supposed to know what I am doing. and Artix is for advanced users. 

ive been using arch for 3 years and other distros for 4 years before that. ive never ripped out systemd from a distro before or used one of these inits you are supporting.

what the hell is this forum for if not to provide help? 

i'll move on to another distro then.  bye bye

Reply #3
please stop with the I am supposed to know what I am doing. and Artix is for advanced users. 

ive been using arch for 3 years and other distros for 4 years before that. ive never ripped out systemd from a distro before or used one of these inits you are supporting.

what the hell is this forum for if not to provide help? 

It'd be better and IMO simpler to backup files and install from scratch.

Reply #4

And after 7 years you still don't know if you need a service or not? Pretty impressive

Reply #5
Install Init Scripts
is this just a list of examples? 
The wiki article is not a literal to-the-letter algorithm one could just straight copy and paste in a shell. It is more of a general sketch of what is to be done to migrate from Arch to Artix and it is meant for the reader, to understand and tailor to his own situation.

As stated in the article, fresh instalation is very much preferred/advised instead.

By all means, do whatever you like.