Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: A (Read 1363 times) previous topic - next topic

A

A

Re: Mirrorlist servers failing to download during migration

Reply #1
Check the contents of /etc/resolv.conf. It should have at least one nameserver entry. If it does and still doesn't work, put the following at the top of the file:
Code: [Select]
nameserver 1.1.1.1

A

Reply #2
A

Reply #3
The problem happened when I was installing OpenRC. I had completed every step prior (even the optional ones)
Step of what? The migration guide from Arch to Artix? The one that seems to be popular recently?

If you followed every step of that guide, you would have downloaded the packages from Arch, while still having a working network connection, after modifying /etc/pacman.conf.

You most probably didn't follow the guide closely. I have tested the guide inside a QEMU guest and it works. I managed to successfully migrate an Arch guest to Artix dinit.

Anyway, if you can't manage the migration, backup your files and do a clean install. Clean install is the preferred installation method.

A

Reply #4
A

A

Reply #5
A

Reply #7
When I set up Arch Linux, I fully configured my nameservers. Nevertheless, I tried replacing them all with 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 but it still doesn't work.
Do you have another solution to this problem?
If you can ping 1.1.1.1 but not, say, artixlinux.org then your problem is DNS resolving. Try this:
# host artixlinux.org
and
# host artixlinux.org 1.1.1.1
You can use dig(1) instead:
# dig artixlinux.org @1.1.1.1
Post the output. If none can resolve, then check your iptables rules. If they can but pacman won't download check for proxy environment variables. Also, see if there's any systemd-resolved horsecrap lurking in the shadows.

A

Reply #8
A

A

Reply #10
A

A

Reply #11
A

Reply #13
@IMSOASIAN You posted commands output without the commands themselves. Anyway, resolving seems to work; therefore there's something screwed in your pacman configuration. Try "wget https://artixlinux.org" -- if you get an index.html then I'm right. Also, you didn't check your environment for proxy variables ("set | grep -i proxy").
Perhaps you should do what @strajder suggested.

A

Reply #14
A