Skip to main content
Topic: install RTL8192eu driver, without internet for wifi network (Read 967 times) previous topic - next topic

install RTL8192eu driver, without internet for wifi network

I installed this system :
artix-cinnamon-suite66-20220123-x86_64

everything went fine until I wanted to install a driver for my hardware:
Network USB 2.0 : RTL8192eu

The following situation happened:

To install the driver offline, it requires "some dependencies" to be installed
like a GCC , DKMS , make and others?

I kind of installed them all, downloaded them using windows 10
went into the distribution, but he gave me just such an error

tell me what I need to do, what I need to download so that I can finally connect to the Wi-Fi network?
 what files are needed? what is missing? what should i write in terminal?
in other words, "how do I install the driver from the unpacked archive" WITHOUT the Internet, on Linux? (but, the Internet is on Windows 10)
 this adapter works in other distributions (after installing "DKMS")
for some reason you can't do it!
Maybe "I'm doing something wrong?"
I tried it on several arch distributions, everything was fine there, but here, such a "trouble" (((99999
"and oh my god, how hard was it to register on your forum =-="

Re: install RTL8192eu driver, without internet for wifi network

Reply #1
Why are you running sudo as root? The purpose of sudo is to run an executable under different privileges (usually as root). When you are already logged in as root there is no point in using sudo.

It is a bad idea to create directories and files with spaces and special characters in their names. Your install_wifi.sh and/or Makefile is badly written, so it chokes on the directory name "a (another copy)". Rename the directory to not contain spaces and () and retry.

Reply #2
Well, this is so, "just in case", I'm not experienced yet, that's why I try to run everything and everywhere with administrator rights
so that "certainly" there were no problems

is it true?
do you mean to say that this is the cause of this error?
you just need to rename the folder to the English character, and everything will be installed right away?))
if it's really a mistake just because of that, then I'm very happy!
though it's weird
in other distributions, it seems, there were no problems with installing from this folder

could you please provide a list of files that i don't need to download using windows 10 to install my driver on linux?

i need << Build drivers offline >>
how i can it?
i others distro, need only install DKMS (one file) , here, thats not worked(( need more files((((
heeelp?

Reply #4
I just did this by renaming the folder to a different name
just in case, reinstalled the whole system
but, it didn't help at all, renaming the folder
the error is still the same
  maybe you need to install something else?
after installation, DKMS, the terminal said, optionally, you can install zen, and other kernels
maybe your distribution is missing something from this?
maybe, kernel-headers? or like thats ? heeeelp((
what need download, and install, to build driver on RTL8192eu ?
to use commans like:
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe 8192eu
deepmod (or like that , i used auto-install script)

that is, it seems that it was not the wrong folder name, but something else
see two screenshots?

Reply #5
I don't understand what's wrong?
why is nothing working?

i write.
sudo make

and this sent me error not in artix kernel / or like that

I have a feeling that I have already installed about 60 packages and nothing changes
Why exactly does your distribution kit not allow me to install a driver?

why GARUDA, Why MANJARO, why... endeavour .. why THATS arch WORK ?

why you need to literally install 2-3 packages there, and that's it
but the same, does not work here?
what the hell is wrong, i don't get it
"I want to kill myself"

Reply #6
Do you have internet when running the ISO live? If you do, then don't need to download anything by Windows, everything you need is on your ISO image. If you use the installer from ISO, everything should work out of the box. Eventually you can check with both our and Arch's wiki on setting up a network connection (minus the systemd parts). Keep in mind though that Artix is not Manjaro. It requires the user to have at the very least a basic knowledge about working with GNU/Linux.

Reply #7
Do you have internet when running the ISO live? If you do, then don't need to download anything by Windows, everything you need is on your ISO image. If you use the installer from ISO, everything should work out of the box. Eventually you can check with both our and Arch's wiki on setting up a network connection (minus the systemd parts). Keep in mind though that Artix is not Manjaro. It requires the user to have at the very least a basic knowledge about working with GNU/Linux.

so after all, I have the most basic knowledge
I can install packages without internet
just write me what should i do that this distro doesn't like?
I installed, everything is the same as in other distributions
  well, almost all distributions require ONLY the DKMS file
or, in exceptions MAKE, and other`s maybe.

right there, some kind of incomprehensible error to me, as a beginner, tell me, how can I fix it?
I don’t even understand “what’s wrong”, after all, I installed it like, everything that was needed ??

I don't have internet, except through a wifi adapter that doesn't work without a driver
well, the basic Wi-Fi network driver sees, but you can’t connect to them
that is, I select the network, enter the password, and it tries to connect, but nothing comes out
  "basic drivers" - usually very bad

Reply #8
download git from the arch repo., install that on the pc without internet.   Download the driver from AUR, install that on the pc without internet using the mkpkg -si command.  If you get a load of dependencies missing, they'll have to be downloaded and installed in the same as  git was.