Skip to main content
Topic: Signature problem when installing Arch packages (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

Signature problem when installing Arch packages

Issue:
I get errors telling me that the PGP signature could not be verified every time I try to install an arch package, whether from AUR by makepkg, or from arch's official repo directly by pacman. I don't run into this problem when installing from artix repositories and I can install arch packages without any problems when I skip the signature check.

What I've done so far:
I have installed archlinux keyring with
Code: [Select]
$ sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring
and I have initialized and populated arch and artix keyrings. I have imported the needed keys from the official keyserver and also from other keyservers, to both pacman's and user's keyrings. I verified the fingerprints and locally signed the keys and I updated pacman and the keyrings. Also
# sv status ntpd
gives me
run: ntpd: (pid 24650) 4860s
and I did run
# hwclock -w
so that means that ntp is running and my system time is probably correct.

warning:
I'm totally new to runit (any init system other than systemd) and just moved to Artix from Arch 2 days ago.

Ps:
I did read the similar topic that was posted on this forum (https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,2822.0.html) but their issue got resolved by locally signing the key, but I still have this issue.