Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] LXQT Live ISO Network Applet (Read 1391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [SOLVED] LXQT Live ISO Network Applet

Reply #15
had the issue with the network applet too , but also with the power applet, when i add redshift, and bluetooth.   A quick search came up with the same solution for the network widget, but from past lxqt updates, it does seem to be a vaguely regular thing (not artix, but in general for arch/lxqt)..   Fromzero, do you have the same with  say the power applet going missing too, even though lxqt-power management is installed by default and functioning (with a tick in the box to show icon)?  Basically all applets were there and fine before the lxqt upgrade to 1.1.0

I can confirm you are correct. I did not use lxqt before 1.1.0 release. I made some experiments after reading your replies and noticed you are right about other applets. For power management according to official site it claims its built-in now.  https://lxqt-project.org/release/2022/04/15/lxqt-1-1-0/ `Tray icons with the charge percentage inside them are added to LXQt Power Manager.` 
About redshift and bluetooth. After reading your replies i have tried a few packages. I installed bluedevil and blueberry and none of them showed in tray icon. But about redshift i have saw it in tray but it complains about cant find any location due to geoclue probably thats another subject.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure thats a bug or not but maybe it can be worth to mention that i have seen more widgets after adding statusnotifier widget. Probably you are aware of that but just saying for newbies like me. 

Re: [SOLVED] LXQT Live ISO Network Applet

Reply #16
I think a little update came through last week so I'm back to where it was - with redshift, geoclue2 is required for location unless its manually configured for latitude/longtitude.  With bluetooth, add blueman too to see it in systray (although that disables on sleep which is a blueman thing, not an artix or lxqt thing, as it happened many moons ago with xfce and a different base for me too).