Skip to main content
Topic: qt6ct (Read 2292 times) previous topic - next topic

qt6ct

Hey guys, for qt5ct I have to use in /etc/environment
Code: [Select]
BROWSER=/usr/bin/xdg-open
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct
what do I need to write for qt6ct? I'm unsure. let me know.

Re: qt6ct

Reply #1
You made me check my environment and I found funny thing. I have qbittorrent which switched to qt6 few months ago, so I had to copy ~/.config/qt5ct to ~/.config/qt6ct and then to run qt6ct just in case; that was enough for qbittorrent to catch up with my theme. But I just realized that I forgot to change QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME value, it's still qt5ct. Maybe it's good because I might still have some qt5 apps installed.

Reply #2
According to the Installation section of the README at https://github.com/trialuser02/qt6ct

Add line 'export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt6ct' to ~/.profile and re-login.
Alternatively, create the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/100-qt6ct with
the following line:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt6ct

(or qt5ct for compatibility with Qt5 Configuration Tool)

Reply #3
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I think I have more qt5 apps than qt6.... I can't use qt5ct and qt6ct at the same time? weird

Reply #4
Kvantum has recently started to manage both qt5 and qt6 programs at the same time, if you like it's themes it's very easy. Only limitation is that font configuration won't carry over. In that case just set QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME to qt6ct and it will also theme qt5 programs. This is what i do right now

Reply #5
Kvantum has recently started to manage both qt5 and qt6 programs at the same time, if you like it's themes it's very easy. Only limitation is that font configuration won't carry over. In that case just set QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME to qt6ct and it will also theme qt5 programs. This is what i do right now
will we get a qt6-styleplugins? Cuz I think that's what's missing from QT6 right now, idk

Reply #6
just set QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME to qt6ct and it will also theme qt5 programs.

Funny, in my case it works the opposite way: QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct works for both qt5 and qt6, but qt6ct only for qt6.