Skip to main content
Topic: Konsole Reconfig After Plasma Update (Read 388 times) previous topic - next topic

Konsole Reconfig After Plasma Update

Oh,  >:(  Here's another one:
After recent KDE Plasma update, Konsole (KDE's Terminal) is broken. When you start it from the menu its OK, but when you use the default shortcut (ctrl+alt+T) instead of starting with user's home (~) it starts in "/". There's nothing weired in .bashrc (just a few of my aliases, and that's it). This thing has never ever happened to me on any distro. Any idea? Your help would be appreciated.

P.S. I checked shortcuts and they both point to "konsole" and no, I don't want to cd to my ~. It should be the default. I can't find the culprit anywhere.

Re: Konsole Reconfig After Plasma Update

Reply #2
I had the same issue. I resolved it by navigating to Settings ---> Edit Current Profile, then changing "Initial directory" to /home/username.

Reply #3
I had the same issue. I resolved it by navigating to Settings ---> Edit Current Profile, then changing "Initial directory" to /home/username.

There's no such thing as: "Settings ---> Edit Current Profile". I can go to Settings-->Manage Profiles" I have ONE profile and it says: "Default [Read Only] (default)". Can't edit it. Editing it is greyed out. So are the other options (

The other post links to 2008 and the folders are a miss. Its now in home/user/.config/konsolerc, but there's no such thing that would point to desktop or root instead of user's home.

Creating New Profile and ticking box of making it default as well as well as pointing to start in particular folder (there is a  such box) did not help at all. Upon logging out, there was weird KDE popup with errors. I was able to log out and log in anyway. Upon logging in THE NEW FRESHLY CREATED PROFILE DISAPPEARED (!) COMPLETELY.. What a pickle!

Then the only rationale was to $ sudo pacman Syu. And long and behold. Fixed upstream. Finally!

Thank you very much for your help anyway.

P.S.
KDE's developers ability to "crap" new, endless features and fundamental changes (broken kwin) is astonishing. With each new minor iteration there are more broken things then there were before. Someone should stop them "crapping", new endless, pointless changes, Stop and focus on quality and testing. Few more months of these shenanigans and I will switch to GNOME, that I hate even more.

Reply #4
Haha yeah, nine times out of ten whenever I have an issue with KDE...I just wait a day or two, update, and the problem is patched.

I share in your frustration and one day hope to switch off KDE and just use dwm or similar.