Skip to main content
Topic: [solved]time long format doesnt change to the short form (Read 407 times) previous topic - next topic

[solved]time long format doesnt change to the short form

Tried editing the time format in settings. click apply and relogin and the time format changes back to the long format.

Things ive tried.

Installing ntp ntp-runit -- enabled service via runit

selected set date and time automatically, hit apply --outputed error  unable to authenticate/execute the action: 4,

ntpdate -u pool.ntp.org  && hwclock -w  --successfully adjusted  time offset

set in format in system settings
set region to en_US.UTF-8 ( default already )
set time to american english short format <<--- this is what reverts back to long format after i hit apply and relogin.

:o select configure digital clock and selecting short format in the drop down menu. Apparently you can't adjust the format in system settings under regional settings

edit: fixed it by

Re: time long format doesnt change to the short form

Reply #1
which desktop?
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #2
kde plasma. I dont mind military time since i'm accustomed to it from school. I;m more plagued by ocd from the fact that im getting this error that i cant fix. :o I'm doing another format on my root directory to see if I can reproduce the problem. My prior install didn't do this and everything is setup the same. The only difference is I installed ntp runit during the same time I installed my network manager using runitsvdir/current

Reply #3
Did you use the gui for that by chance?  I see you mentioned several command line options which should have worked but the gui is there too to try.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #4
reinstalled artix and installed ntp after installing kde plasma and im still getting the authenticating error 4 in the time and date GUI. Kinda weird because my first time using it it updated correctly and the short format was set appropriately.

Reply #5
show all the output from the terminal please

cant do a web search for the error unless i see all the output.
Cat Herders of Linux