Skip to main content
Topic: No sound with wireplumber > 0.4.6-1 on intel HD audio (Read 1916 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: No sound with wireplumber > 0.4.6-1 on intel HD audio

Reply #16
For now I'd still prefer to solve OP problem and continue with pipewire.
You can try pipewire-media-session instead.
I have had issues with wireplumber myself.
Was using it. Then it started doing weird things so I went back to pipewire-media-session. Every now and then I try wireplumber again and until very recently it would be doing weird things again, though not always the same weird things !  I tried again the other day when I was trying to get gamescope working (failed) and so far wireplumber is not doing weird things so I've stuck with it for now but expect more weirdness.

Anyway since recently pipewire-pulse depends on wireplumber.
So if you want to use pipewire-media-session, and you use pipewire-pulse you have to build it yourself. Instructions here. and the next post for a package current with git master.

Reply #17
You can try pipewire-media-session instead.

Tried it just as problem arised, and it didn't work too, don't remember details.

Anyway since recently pipewire-pulse depends on wireplumber.

Aye, media-session is either already deprecated or will be soon. And if I still wanted building things myself I'd stay on gentoo. :)

Reply #18
Aye, media-session is either already deprecated or will be soon. And if I still wanted building things myself I'd stay on gentoo. :)

On the first point yes. That's why I keep retrying wireplumber.
On the second. There's a world of difference between compiling the entire system and the odd package here or there to allow customization. Ex Gentoo user myself.

Reply #19
On the first point yes. That's why I keep retrying wireplumber.
On the second. There's a world of difference between compiling the entire system and the odd package here or there to allow customization. Ex Gentoo user myself.

i think if he has enough ram he could compile it in just a few minutes from ram and not chew up the hdd/ssd  it's not like emerging chromium after all.  I mean, even i could manage that without breaking a sweat.  But alas if there is such disdain for ever building anything again i relent on pressuring him.  We all have our pet peeves that just rub us raw after all.
Cat Herders of Linux

Reply #20
There's also...
Code: [Select]
~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/
  and
Code: [Select]
~/.config/pipewire-media-session/
...you could try removing and then restarting pipewire