Skip to main content
Topic: Unresolved deps of libreoffice-fresh and ungoogled-chromium. (Read 963 times) previous topic - next topic

Unresolved deps of libreoffice-fresh and ungoogled-chromium.

Hi.

Code: [Select]
# check-link-consistency -q
ERR   -------------------------------------   ---------------------------------------   ----------------------
ERR   Package                                 Problematic File                          Unresolved Needed Libs
ERR   -------------------------------------   ---------------------------------------   ----------------------
ERR   libreoffice-fresh 7.4.0-2               /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/xpdfimport   libpoppler.so.123    
ERR   ungoogled-chromium 105.0.5195.102-1.1   /usr/lib/chromium/chromium                libFLAC.so.8         
ERR   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERR   Total 2 problematic file(s): 2 in 2 package(s) + 0 unassigned.
ERR   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed libpoppler is 124 (AFAIR for few weeks already, didn't report because LO works for me anyway), installed libFLAC is 12 (and chromium does not start).

Re: Unresolved deps of libreoffice-fresh and ungoogled-chromium.

Reply #1
Hi.

# check-link-consistency -q
ERR   Package                                 Problematic File                          Unresolved Needed Libs
ERR   libreoffice-fresh 7.4.0-2               /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/xpdfimport   libpoppler.so.123    
ERR   ungoogled-chromium 105.0.5195.102-1.1   /usr/lib/chromium/chromium                libFLAC.so.8         
ERR   Total 2 problematic file(s): 2 in 2 package(s) + 0 unassigned.

Installed libpoppler is 124 (AFAIR for few weeks already, didn't report because LO works for me anyway), installed libFLAC is 12 (and chromium does not start).
You could try symlinking the missing libraries?

Reply #2
Now libreoffice-fresh does not start at all:

ERR   -----------------------------------   ------------------------------------------------------   -----------------------------
ERR   Package                               Problematic File                                         Unresolved Needed Libs      
ERR   -----------------------------------   ------------------------------------------------------   -----------------------------
ERR   libreoffice-fresh 7.4.1-1             /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libutllo.so                 libboost_locale.so.1.79.0   
ERR   libreoffice-fresh 7.4.1-1             /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_gtk3_kde5lo.so   libboost_filesystem.so.1.79.0
ERR   ungoogled-chromium 105.0.5195.125-1   /usr/lib/chromium/chromium                               libFLAC.so.8                
ERR   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERR   Total 3 problematic file(s): 3 in 2 package(s) + 0 unassigned.
ERR   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply #4
Not sure what the libreoffice-fresh issue is; tested an install and startup, and both work fine.
ungoogled-chromium will be replaced tonight - CET - by a new version.

artist

Reply #5
@Artist: the problem that I got with libreoffice-fresh is that I wasn't able to manage PDF doc with Libreoffice Draw. I installed the libreoffice-still and all work :-)

Reply #6
So I got this error running libreoffice from the terminal:
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_locale.so.1.79.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The solution is to symlink libboost_locale.so.1.79.0 to libboost_locale.so.1.80.0, this can be done with:
ln -s libboost_locale.so.1.80.0 /usr/lib/libboost_locale.so.1.79.0

Reply #8
@Artist: the problem that I got with libreoffice-fresh is that I wasn't able to manage PDF doc with Libreoffice Draw. I installed the libreoffice-still and all work :-)

ah, thx - my problem with libreoffice-fresh is that it crashes too often, making me lose work which I cannot afford to

artist

Reply #10
I installed the libreoffice-still and all work :-)

I forgot about `omniverse` repo, but I never used it: Artix wiki says it's unofficial and "maintained by an Artix team member", compared to `universe` repo (where libreoffice-fresh is from): "maintained by Artix package maintainers". So I expect `omniverse` packages to be less quality than `universe`. Which in case of libreoffice looks false, :) but anyway.

Reply #11
extra/liibreoffice-still works like charm. No more deps pulled in, no unresolved .so deps.

Reply #12
Updated libreoffice-still-7.3.6-2 is now in the omniverse repo and tested to install and start OK on an updated system.

artist

Reply #13
Updated ungoogled-chromium-105.0.5195.125-2 is now in the universe repo and tested to install and start OK on an updated system.

artist

Reply #14
Updated ungoogled-chromium-105.0.5195.125-2 is now in the universe repo and tested to install and start OK on an updated system.

Works, thank you. :)