Skip to main content
Topic: theme in artix-plasma-openrc (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

theme in artix-plasma-openrc

HI, i modified the theme in plasma desktop but upon rebooting it changes back to the artix one. and while the selection is still on the breeze them. this is an issue in plasma artix. i changed it again and again and while the changes are being done upon rebooting or after screenlock it changes back to artix theme while in settings the theme selected is breeze.

Re: theme in artix-plasma-openrc

Reply #1
Hi there on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon!
I just installed the .iso you used, and the thing about the themes is the Artix folks made it all wonderfully dark themed with a great deal of cohesion.
Changing to a light theme is pretty easier, but an extra step makes it cohesive too.   So, after install/update of the .iso, changing the global theme, application style and plasma style, I also delete /usr/share/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (as per the wiki)  but also personally do the following:
sudo pacman -R artix-dark-theme artix-desktop-presets artix-gtk-presets artix-icons artix-qt-presets
just as a "clear it up" sledge hammer to crack a nut type of thing.
I'm just a user and am not involved in the dev of Artix, but that works on this install for me, and retains after reboot and logout/login.

To the Artix folks, its a lovely theme, almost autumnal, but me eyes just don't work so well with dark themes!