Skip to main content
Topic: After new update my kernel has changed (Read 615 times) previous topic - next topic

After new update my kernel has changed

Everything is fine with my operating system but my kernel has changed from 5.19.12-artix1-1
to  6.0.1-arch1-1. Anyone got any ideas why?

Re: After new update my kernel has changed

Reply #1
its a rolling release, so latest is the latest....so unless you installed the lts kernel, then you're on the rolling kernel, so that update that listed the kernel before you "yessed" it, that's why, and  I also missed it too, and it has kinda buggered up virtualbox for me..  Personally I'm just going to wait and see what comes down over the next few days.

Reply #2
I don't recall installing anything which changed the kernel and same. There has to be some way to install the kernel again manually probably.

Reply #3
Review your /var/log/pacman.log entries, especially over the last week.  You did update your kernel as a general package during a pacman -Syu.

You should watch the -Syu updates - there can be important information there - .pacnew files that need to be merged, grub recommendations, package notifications, "you should reboot", etc.

Reply #4
Alright, how do I get the Artix kernel back?

Reply #5
Alright, how do I get the Artix kernel back?
If you prefer a stable kernel:
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Sy linux-lts linux-lts-headers

After restarting on your lts kernel and various tests, you will be able to:
sudo pacman -R linux linux-headers
sudo update-grub

Reply #6
still a tad confused....any idea why it is named 6.0.1-arch1-1 when no arch repo's have been added, yet looking at the installed packages, 6.0.1.artix1-1 kernel is installed?  I'm guessing this is what cause VB to stop working correctly (host modules are 6.1.38)

Reply #7
Same I just want the kernel back to the regular one

Reply #8
It's the artix kernel... the uname -a output just says "arch" for some reason.

Reply #9
Just FYI, a line in the PKGBUILD was actually nuked which is why the uname output has "arch" in it. It's been corrected so it should be back to "artix" now.