Skip to main content
Topic: syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update made NetworkManager stop working (Read 1729 times) previous topic - next topic

syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update made NetworkManager stop working

Code: [Select]
syslog-ng
syslog-ng: Error setting capabilities, capability management disabled; error='Operation not permitted'
[2018-03-14T10:43:32.925191] Error opening control socket, bind() failed; socket='/run/syslog-ng.ctl', error='Address already in use (98)'
[2018-03-14T10:43:32.938573] Error opening plugin module; module='afamqp', error='librabbitmq.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
[2018-03-14T10:43:32.939373] Error opening plugin module; module='afmongodb', error='libmongoc-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
[2018-03-14T10:43:32.954307] Error creating persistent state file; filename='/var/lib/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.persist-', error='Permission denied (13)'

I'm getting these errors on 1 of my Artix PCs, not sure what I should do to fix it.

And on all 3 other computers, I am getting:

syslog-ng: Error setting capabilities, capability management disabled; error='Operation not permitted'
[2018-03-14T06:48:26.007484] Error opening control socket, bind() failed; socket='/run/syslog-ng.ctl', error='Address already in use (98)'
[2018-03-14T06:48:26.035138] Error creating persistent state file; filename='/var/lib/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.persist-', error='Permission denied (13)'

Also, upon trying to update libpsl, it does this:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
libpsl: /usr/lib/libpsl.so.5 exists in filesystem
Errors occured, no packages were upgraded.

When I delete /usr/lib/libpsl.so.5 it does this when I attempt to update with pacman -Syyu:

pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libpsl.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Why am I only getting libpsl-0.20.1-1 on one of my x64 Artix computers instead of all of them? What's up with that? I went to the online repository in the webbrowser & its still libpsl-0.20.0-1
^
Edit: I had to re-enable a line in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
Server = http://jenkins.artixlinux.org:55555/$repo/os/$arch

Re: syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update

Reply #1
if you really want to do it, you can do it with force
pacman  -S --force 

Re: syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update

Reply #2
if you really want to do it, you can do it with force
pacman  -S --force 

That worked to get it installed, and pacman still works, but NetworkManager doesn't... O.o

I got NetworkManager to work again by doing:

sudo ln -s libpsl.so /usr/lib/libpsl.so.6

Re: syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update made NetworkManager stop working

Reply #3
that's kind of a dirty fix though, i got the same problem so i downgraded networkmanager to the previous version

Re: syslog-ng giving funny errors + libpsl update made NetworkManager stop working

Reply #4
A new version of networkmanager was pushed, 1.10.6-2. Does this version still cause this error?
Chris Cromer

Reply #5
Thank you, kenny_w, it helped me as well. I ended up with no network at all after an update and a reboot.

A new version of networkmanager was pushed, 1.10.6-2. Does this version still cause this error?

Even my 1.10.6-1 is too new. It requires /usr/lib/libpsl.so.6 , while the newest libpsl package contains only /usr/lib/libpsl.so.5 .
(Maybe, newest because I don't use testing repos.)