Skip to main content
Topic: Where can I find my logical volumes? (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

Where can I find my logical volumes?

When installing the system, I made a mistake and now to fix it, you need to go through artix-chroot and mount logical volumes (LVM). But I don't see them... Even though the lvs command shows they are there. Where are they?

I'm using the artix-base-runit-20221226-x86_64 weekly image.

Re: Where can I find my logical volumes?

Reply #2
It's installed, but is it running? Neither /etc/runit/sv nor /run/runit/service has it.

Reply #3

Code: [Select]
sudo cfdisk
sudo df -h
sudo pvs
sudo vgs
man lvm
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "

Reply #5
This is a joke? All other commands in the screenshot. On arch with the same markup, the volumes are in /dev/mapper/, they are not here.

It's a joke... Neither a funny nor helpful one.

If /dev/mapper isn't populated and the service isn't in that directory, perhaps it is a package bug. What is the output of the following?
pacman  -Ql lvm2-runit

Reply #6
Here.

UDP.

Same problem using stable ISO. The openrc image sees the lvm volumes fine, so it looks like the problem is indeed with the package.

Reply #7
The base ISOs have this as default:
SERVICES=('acpid' 'bluetoothd' 'cronie' 'cupsd' 'metalog' 'connmand')
OpenRC is more advanced in terms of features than runit and auto-starts LVM if present. Read our wiki's runit article for more. runit won't move a finger unless you tell it so.

Reply #8
The base ISOs have this as default:
SERVICES=('acpid' 'bluetoothd' 'cronie' 'cupsd' 'metalog' 'connmand')
OpenRC is more advanced in terms of features than runit and auto-starts LVM if present. Read our wiki's runit article for more. runit won't move a finger unless you tell it so.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️