Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: NetworkManager doesn’t get Wi-Fi enabled after rebooting. (Read 291 times) previous topic - next topic

NetworkManager doesn’t get Wi-Fi enabled after rebooting.

Hi guys,

I’m a newcomer to Artix. Some days ago decided to leave systemd for other init systems and encountered an issue with NetworkManager service in S6: it gets Wi-Fi disabled after rebooting. I found out that it’s caused by rfkill soft-blocking Wi-Fi. I have been searching Artix-forum and other sources for solutions, but failed to resolve this. Running the command ‘rfkill unblock wifi’ upon every start is annoying. Has anyone dealt with this?

It’s curious that NetworkManager service working under both runit and dinit gets Wi-Fi enabled and rfkill unblocked after every reboot, but I’d like to use S6.

Re: NetworkManager doesn’t get Wi-Fi enabled after rebooting.

Reply #1
As far as I know, this is just a kernel thing. This used to happen to me a lot in the past but eventually it stopped. I never figured why exactly. It's not supposed to be init-dependent at all so I have no idea why this would happen to you in only s6 and not the others.

Re: NetworkManager doesn’t get Wi-Fi enabled after rebooting.

Reply #2
I couldn’t figure it out, but It seems to be my old laptop’s hardware issue, which is used for testing purposes. I’ve just tried booting from live ISO on my new Dell and all works perfectly.

Thank you!