Skip to main content
Topic: Social media (Read 14337 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Social media

Reply #31
Telegram Group has always been shitty af, guys. Sorry to say that. Or... do something with it please. Because it's mostly a mob of toxic school kids with insults and racist stuff almost every time.

Here it is when I tried to take a peek at it for the umpteenth time: https://ibb.co/CtMQqM3

Reply #32
Telegram has a centralized closed source server and relies on phone number.
That's why I do not like it.
Better than whatsapp however.

Reply #33
Artix is an OS available to everyone, all ages, nationalities, beliefs, they are never going to see eye to eye on everything except Artix itself. If the users you dislike are hanging out on the social media you dislike, then great, fantastic, seems like a brilliant solution, leave them there  or they might come here instead.  ;D
(So long as they are genuine users though, and not some attempt to discredit Artix by rivals or other ill intentioned people.)

Reply #35
Well, our TG group is far more interesting than Arch's - and we only ban people for not speaking english and peddling crypto.

Reply #36
Telegram is anti-privacy as well. For instance, it requires phone number for registration, and all communication goes through their servers.

I would agree, it provides geolocation via the "mobile phone", accurately within few meters.
Hence, I myself don't do any "social media" which is in reality asocial, a cesspool destroying society.

And that is a medical fact.

I have no mobile phone.  I would have something if It did what I wanted and didn't spy on me and came with an off button.