Skip to main content
Topic: Artix needs your help (Read 54975 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Artix needs your help

Reply #77
Ah, you should have sent an email - I missed these posts. I'll update our mirrorlist as soon as you tell me which country the server is located in.
Thanks a lot for your support!

Yes, I am from Switzerland but I store mirror using R2 Bucket on CloudFlare. It uses its own distribution system. For example, my VPS in Germany the source is Frankfurt in Switzerland I get data from Canada Ontario... In archlinux the category is World.

Reply #78
Done, new mirrorlist is in [gremlins], but I'm getting a 404 + 'not authorized' error. You may want to look it up.

Have you tried opening a directory ? If so then the 404 error is a false positive. There is not (for the moment) an automatic listing of the contents like with an Apache  server. But if you point to a file then you will get the file.
pacman doesn't need that feature. it appends only if you browse the repo.

I monitor some files and yesterday I don't detect a failure.

You can try :

https://artix.kurdy.org/

Reply #79
Humans appreciate it though. I'd be pissed it became normal for mirrors not to have directory indexing and imho a mirror which doesn't is a broken mirror.
Assuming nginx
Code: [Select]
location / {
    autoindex on;
}
You can be more specific with the location.

Reply #80

you don't have to, it's just a mirror and a technical issue. Solving it requires some code. But first I wanted to see if the mirror is used.

You can be more specific with the location.

No, due to the nature of Cloudflare services.

from R2 is now Generally Available
Region: Automatic
We don’t want to live in a world where developers are spending time looking into a crystal ball and predicting where application traffic might come from. Choosing a region as the first step in application development forces optimization decisions long before the first users show up.

While S3 compatibility requires you to specify a region, the only region we support is ‘auto’. Today, R2 automatically selects a bucket location in the closest available region to the create bucket request. If I create a bucket from my home in Austin, that bucket will live in the closest available R2 region to Austin.

In the future, R2 will use data access patterns to automatically optimize where data is stored for the best user experience.

Reply #81
The browser check is just quicker than editing the mirrorlist and running pacman to verify. All well though, the mirrorlist is now in [system].

Reply #82
I was referring to the location(s) / directories which allow indexing not location as in regions of the world.

Thank you for providing a mirror.
It would be far better imho if you allowed directory indexing. As I said directory indexing is very useful to humans in the context of a mirror service.
If you don't want to, or cannot, then just leave it as what I'd consider a partially functioning mirror.

Reply #83
It would be far better imho if you allowed directory indexing. As I said directory indexing is very useful to humans in the context of a mirror service.
If you don't want to, or cannot, then just leave it as what I'd consider a partially functioning mirror.

I'm going to do it, and several people are asking on the Cloudflare forums for this possibility outside of the pro version.
I just need to write a component (worker) that reacts to the request. But until March 10th I have a lot of things to do.

I promise  ;)

Reply #85
all ok?

Reply #86
Hi all,

I have some excess server capacity and bandwidth available and would like to contribute by providing a second Canadian mirror to Artix.

I've created a mirror here: https://artix-linux.mirrors.prairievoice.ca/

Server is located in Montreal, Canada

Cron is set to sync hourly from the US rsync mirror

Reply #87
Hi prarievoice,

Thank you for your contribution to Artix Linux!

I have informed the maintainer of our mirrorlist about your new addition.

artist