Skip to main content
Topic: [Suggestion/Request] Moving irrelevant topics into the relevant forum subsection (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

[Suggestion/Request] Moving irrelevant topics into the relevant forum subsection

I'm having some trouble with the forum, so I came into the forum subsection to see if the issues I have have already been reported, but I've noticed that the majority of posts in here aren't relevant to the forum at all.

Can we please start moving the posts that don't belong in the Forum subsection (such as all the Artix help request posts) into their respective relevant sections, and perhaps letting the users know that they have posted in the wrong section and their post is going to be/has been moved?

If it's a matter of not having enough moderators, I apologize. I'd volunteer, but this being my second post on the forum and having an account on here for less than an hour, I don't think I've earn the trust yet.
I like making, breaking and modding stuff, using a soldering iron, code or both.

Re: [Suggestion/Request] Moving irrelevant topics into the relevant forum subsection

Reply #1
I'm having some trouble with the forum, ...

Can we please start moving the posts that don't belong in the Forum subsection (such as all the Artix help request posts) into their respective relevant sections, and perhaps letting the users know that they have posted in the wrong section and their post is going to be/has been moved?

If it's a matter of not having enough moderators, ...

More moderators wouldn't really be purposeful.
I would offer only three boards:

Problems with forum
KDE/Plasma  problems
Other problems

The nice thing about the solution is:

All posts always end up in the right boards.
Nothing has to be moved.
No additional moderators are necessary.
"Wer alles kann, macht nichts richtig"

Artix USE="runit openrc slim openbox lxde gtk2 qt4 qt5 qt6 conky
-gtk3 -gtk4 -adwaita{cursors,themes,icons} -gnome3 -kde -plasma -wayland "