Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [ERROR] Can't install lib32/lib32-nvidia-utils [SOLVED] (Read 455 times) previous topic - next topic

[ERROR] Can't install lib32/lib32-nvidia-utils [SOLVED]

Recently I've started running into trouble with nvidia drivers, and it turns out I was actually using the extra repository version of lib32-nvidia-utils, and I've attempted to install and downgrade to the lib32 repository version instead, but for some reason, attempting to install it always gives me this error

Code: [Select]
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
:: Retrieving packages...
 lib32-nvidia-uti...    38.3 MiB  7.63 MiB/s 00:05 [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
error: lib32-nvidia-utils: signature from "Artix Buildbot <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-nvidia-utils-525.85.05-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

And yes, I did the whole
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman-keyring --populate
sudo pacman-keyring --refresh
and I'm still running into the same problem, I also reinstalled both pacman-keyring and arch-keyring

Attempting to install the extra versions of the other nvidia drivers leads to my PC losing it's xorg/xserver, able to boot the computer and even use terminal commands, but no desktop.

Re: [ERROR] Can't install lib32/lib32-nvidia-utils

Reply #1
Been updated