Skip to main content
Topic: Firefox and derivatives: How do I permanently enable "Page Style - No Style"? (Read 399 times) previous topic - next topic

Firefox and derivatives: How do I permanently enable "Page Style - No Style"?

More and more websites pester me with banners that require me to "accept all cookies" (I believe the EU is working on regulations to stop that malpractice, but it will take time).

When I select "View - Page Style - No Style", the banners go away. The content is still readable (or becomes readable on sites like gitlab, which however has only bug reports, not solutions). Downloading the site and deleting the *_files folder has the same effect, but of course I don't want to download every site before reading it. The only problem is that the setting isn't persistent. When I visit another banner site I have to select "View - Page Style - No Style" again. Is there a way to make it permanent? There seems to be no general "layout.css.enabled" setting in about:config.

Re: Firefox and derivatives: How do I permanently enable "Page Style - No Style"?

Reply #1
you might strike lucky on this forum with that if someone here has done/had the same conundrum, but as its not artix or arch (or any other base OS) related, reckon you'll get more traction with firefox's  own support site, here's a link:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/

Re: Firefox and derivatives: How do I permanently enable "Page Style - No Style"?

Reply #2
More and more websites pester me with banners that require me to "accept all cookies" (I believe the EU is working on regulations to stop that malpractice, but it will take time).

I may be misunderstanding you but it was the EU who first mandated that websites ask permission to accept cookies.
With the wonderful result that people who refuse or automatically delete cookies get asked every time because the answer is stored (or not) in a cookie!

I use various browsers with my daily driver being Firedragon.
It's further locked down forbidding third party cookies (amongst other things, JS etc)
I also have an extension I don't care about cookies
Which auto accepts the cookies. So I don't get bugged by the popup. If the cookies are third party they still get blocked.
It's not perfect but I get bugged a lot less.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Reply #3
Apparently you might be able to block the css being loaded with a custom adblock rule:
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/48116/is-it-possible-to-permanently-disable-css-on-android-browsers
Also it seems with Ublock Origin, if you go to the tool bar icon, the gear icon in the drop down box, select "filter lists" tab, expand Annoyances, you can block the cookie pop ups although it might break some websites that require cookies. You can persistently disable blocking on certain websites by clicking the tool bar icon though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/u7k2wt/blocking_cookie_pop_ups/