Skip to main content
Topic: rpi4 missing wlan0 device (Read 939 times) previous topic - next topic

rpi4 missing wlan0 device

I notice that my rpi4 running 6.1.21-3-rpi-ARTIX-RPI4  doesn't seem to have any wifi device.

rfkill list shows no devices

I checked and with an earlier kernel 5.15.88-1-rpi-ARTIX-RPI4 I do see wlan0.

I suppose I need to change either /boot/config.txt or /boot/cmdline.txt, or load a module.

Re: rpi4 missing wlan0 device

Reply #1
I suppose it should be same on ALARM, rpi4 kernel configs is same as there. At the same time everything is OK with 6.2.8-1-ARTIX (linux-aarch64 kernel)
ARMtix

Reply #2
I've never really understood the uboot mechanisms.  The manjaro system I have is running local/linux-rpi4 6.1.16-2 and that does have a wlan0

$ rfkill list
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
   Soft blocked: yes
   Hard blocked: no

the config.txt seems similar to the one I have for armtix

Reply #3
I tested and alarm with kernel 6.2.81-1 does have have the wireless devices.

I re-installed  the raspberrypi-bootloader package from alarm. I don't know if we have that as an armtix package. The alarm repo is dated 20230330-1-any and claims

replaces=('raspberrypi-firmware-bootloader' 'raspberrypi-bootloader-x' 'raspberrypi-firmware-bootloader-x')

I have linux-rpi 6.1.21-3 which I assume is up to date.

I compared files in /boot/broadcom with the manjaro files in /boot and the bcm files do seem to match except for those which probably don't matter eg

Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2710-rpi-zero-2-w.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2711-rpi-cm4-io.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2711-rpi-cm4s.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2837-rpi-3-a-plus.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2837-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2837-rpi-cm3-io3.dtb
Only in /boot/broadcom/: bcm2837-rpi-zero-2-w.dtb

I compared the kernel configs for manjaro and armtix kernels. There are a lot, but those configs near CONFIG_WIRELESS=y look the same.

So I don't know where the difference manjaro to armtix is.  If I switch to the generic kernel I will lose compatibility with the standard raspberrypi stuff.

Reply #4
I suppose it should be same on ALARM, rpi4 kernel configs is same as there. At the same time everything is OK with 6.2.8-1-ARTIX (linux-aarch64 kernel)

I think this is an armtix linux-rpi kernel issue.

I did the following experiment

1) scp manjaro:/boot/kernel8.img /boot/rpi4Image

2) rsync -a manjaro:/lib/modules/6.1.16-2-MANJARO-ARM-RPI/ /lib/modules/6.1.16-2-MANJARO-ARM-RPI

3) rsync -a  manjaro:/lib/modules/extramodules-6.1-rpi4/ /lib/modules/extramodules-6.1-rpi4
there is only one file, version, which contains ascii "6.1.16-2-MANJARO-ARM-RPI".

4) cp /boot/broadcom/bcm* /boot/

effectively I switched to using the manjaro kernel and modules.  I didn't change my /boot/{cmdline,config}.txt files.
Amazingly the result works and now I see this

robin@pikat:~
$ uname -a
Linux pikat 6.1.16-2-MANJARO-ARM-RPI #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Mar 11 21:46:57 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
robin@pikat:~
$ rfkill list
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
   Soft blocked: no
   Hard blocked: no

I can supply the various kernel configs if that is useful.

Reply #5
That's very strange. As i said, ARMtix rpi kernel config only differs from ALARM one by default hostname. There could be an issue caused by different toolchain versions (ALARM uses older gcc, binutils and glibc) but doubt this can really affect kernel modules so much
Do you have anything interesting in dmesg with different kernels?
ARMtix

Reply #6
The manjaro dmesg has  an error like this
brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-model-b.bin failed with error -2
....... and ends
NET: Registered PF_INET6 protocol family
Segment Routing with IPv6
In-situ OAM (IOAM) with IPv6
8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet: configuring instance for external RGMII (RX delay)
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down
brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_set_power_mgmt: power save enabled
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready

The failing armtix dmesg has a different error
brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345
brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-model-b.bin failed with error -2
brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin failed with error -2
....... and ends
 NET: Registered PF_INET6 protocol family
Segment Routing with IPv6
In-situ OAM (IOAM) with IPv6
8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet: configuring instance for external RGMII (RX delay)
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down
bcmgenet fd580000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
fuse: init (API version 7.37)

However I have no real idea what I am supposed to look for and the ordering is obviously different. The wireless driver is supposed to be (or part of) brcmfmac looking at all the lines with that in I see this

Manjaro
brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/6 wl0: Apr 15 2021 03:03:20 version 7.45.234 (4ca95bb CY) FWID 01-996384e2

Armtix
brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin failed with error -2
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50

Reply #7
Try to move this file somewhere else, so that it can't be found. IIRC there was some issue with rpi wireless firmware 2 years ago, it was solved this way
ARMtix

Reply #8
I tried removal of that firmware file and the error still happens. Worse doing that made the manjaro kernel fail to provide wlan0.

FWIW that file is a link that points at ../cypress/cyfmac43455-sdio.bin.xz

Reply #9
For what it's worth I whipped up some python and  here are the differences in kernel compilation parameters (missing means the CONFIG didn't appear even as a is not set comment).

Name                                              manjaro                      armtix
CONFIG_A64FX_DIAG                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI                                             y                  is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_AC                                          y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_ALS                                is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_APEI                               is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_BGRT                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON                                      y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_CCA_REQUIRED                                y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_CONFIGFS                                    y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_CONTAINER                          is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_CPPC_CPUFREQ                       is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_METHOD                               y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUGGER                           is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK                               is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_EC_DEBUGFS                         is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_FAN                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_GENERIC_GSI                                 y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_GTDT                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_HED                                is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_I2C_OPREGION                                y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_IORT                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_MCFG                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_MDIO                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PCC                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PCI_SLOT                           is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PFRUT                                       y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PPTT                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PRMT                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR                                   y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_IDLE                              y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_REDUCED_HARDWARE_ONLY                       y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_SPCR_TABLE                                  y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_TABLE_UPGRADE                               y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ALIBABA_UNCORE_DRW_PMU                  is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_ACPI_TABLE_UPGRADE                      y                     missing
CONFIG_ARCH_MMAP_RND_BITS_MAX                          33                          24
CONFIG_ARM64_ACPI_PARKING_PROTOCOL                      y                     missing
CONFIG_ARM64_VA_BITS                                   48                          39
CONFIG_ARM64_VA_BITS_39                        is not set                           y
CONFIG_ARM64_VA_BITS_48                                 y                  is not set
CONFIG_ARM_DMC620_PMU                                   y                     missing
CONFIG_ARM_PMU_ACPI                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_ARM_SMMU_V3_PMU                         is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ASM_MODVERSIONS                                  y                     missing
CONFIG_AS_VERSION                                   23800                       24000
CONFIG_AT803X_PHY                              is not set                           m
CONFIG_ATA_ACPI                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_ATH10K                                  is not set                           m
CONFIG_ATH10K_CE                                  missing                           y
CONFIG_ATH10K_DEBUG                               missing                  is not set
CONFIG_ATH10K_DEBUGFS                             missing                  is not set
CONFIG_ATH10K_PCI                                 missing                  is not set
CONFIG_ATH10K_SDIO                                missing                  is not set
CONFIG_ATH10K_TRACING                             missing                  is not set
CONFIG_ATH10K_USB                                 missing                  is not set
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LM3630A                       is not set                           m
CONFIG_BCACHE                                           m                  is not set
CONFIG_BCACHE_ASYNC_REGISTRATION               is not set                     missing
CONFIG_BCACHE_CLOSURES_DEBUG                   is not set                     missing
CONFIG_BCACHE_DEBUG                            is not set                     missing
CONFIG_BCM87XX_PHY                             is not set                           m
CONFIG_BFQ_CGROUP_DEBUG                        is not set                     missing
CONFIG_BFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED                                y                  is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEBUG_FS_ZONED                               y                     missing
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM                                       y                           m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RBD                                      m                  is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ZONED                                    y                  is not set
CONFIG_BLK_SED_OPAL                                     y                  is not set
CONFIG_BLK_WBT                                          y                  is not set
CONFIG_BLK_WBT_MQ                                       y                     missing
CONFIG_BOSCH_BNO055                               missing                           m
CONFIG_BOSCH_BNO055_I2C                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_BPF_KPROBE_OVERRIDE                     is not set                     missing
CONFIG_BPF_STREAM_PARSER                       is not set                           y
CONFIG_BRIDGE_VLAN_FILTERING                   is not set                           y
CONFIG_BSD_DISKLABEL                           is not set                           y
CONFIG_BTRFS_FS                                         m                           y
CONFIG_CAN_8DEV_USB                            is not set                           m
CONFIG_CAN_KVASER_USB                          is not set                           m
CONFIG_CC_VERSION_TEXT                 "gcc (GCC) 12.1.0" "gcc (GCC) 12.2.1 20230201"
CONFIG_CEC_CH7322                                       m                  is not set
CONFIG_CEC_GPIO                                         m                  is not set
CONFIG_CEC_NOTIFIER                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_CEC_PIN                                          y                     missing
CONFIG_CEC_PIN_ERROR_INJ                                y                     missing
CONFIG_CEPH_FSCACHE                                     y                  is not set
CONFIG_CEPH_FS_POSIX_ACL                                y                  is not set
CONFIG_CGROUP_RDMA                                      y                  is not set
CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE                      is not set                           y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_TI                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_ANUBIS                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARC4                                      m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARIA                                      m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLAKE2B                                   m                           y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLOWFISH                                  m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLOWFISH_COMMON                           m                     missing
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CAMELLIA                                  m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CAST6                                     m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CRCT10DIF_ARM64_CE                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DH                                        y                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DH_RFC7919_GROUPS                         y                     missing
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DRBG                                      y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DRBG_MENU                                 y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_FCRYPT                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_HMAC                                      y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_JITTERENTROPY                             y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_KDF800108_CTR                             y                     missing
CONFIG_CRYPTO_KHAZAD                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_KPP                                       y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_MD5                                       m                           y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_RNG                                       y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_RNG_DEFAULT                               y                           m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SEED                                      m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SERPENT                                   m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA3                                      y                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SM4                                       m                     missing
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SM4_GENERIC                               m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_TEA                                       m                  is not set
CONFIG_CRYPTO_XXHASH                                    m                           y
CONFIG_DMA_ACPI                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_DM_BUFIO                                         y                           m
CONFIG_DM_DEBUG                                         y                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_DUST                                          m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_FLAKEY                                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_INIT                                          y                     missing
CONFIG_DM_LOG_WRITES                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_MIRROR                                        y                           m
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH_QL                                  m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_MULTIPATH_ST                                  m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_SNAPSHOT                                      y                           m
CONFIG_DM_SWITCH                                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_UEVENT                                        y                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_VERITY                                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_DM_VERITY_FEC                                    y                     missing
CONFIG_DM_VERITY_VERIFY_ROOTHASH_SIG           is not set                     missing
CONFIG_DM_ZERO                                          y                           m
CONFIG_DM_ZONED                                         m                     missing
CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_ORIENTATION_QUIRKS                     y                           m
CONFIG_DRM_PL111                               is not set                           m
CONFIG_DVB_TTUSB_BUDGET                                 m                  is not set
CONFIG_DVB_TTUSB_DEC                                    m                  is not set
CONFIG_DVB_USB_ZD1301                                   m                  is not set
CONFIG_EFI_BOOTLOADER_CONTROL                           m                  is not set
CONFIG_EFI_CAPSULE_LOADER                               m                  is not set
CONFIG_EFI_CUSTOM_SSDT_OVERLAYS                         y                     missing
CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE                                  m                  is not set
CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE_DEFAULT_DISABLE         is not set                     missing
CONFIG_EXPORTFS_BLOCK_OPS                      is not set                           y
CONFIG_FB_EFI                                           y                  is not set
CONFIG_FB_TFT_UC1611                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_FS_VERITY                               is not set                           y
CONFIG_FS_VERITY_BUILTIN_SIGNATURES               missing                  is not set
CONFIG_FS_VERITY_DEBUG                            missing                  is not set
CONFIG_FUJITSU_ES                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_FUNCTION_ERROR_INJECTION                         y                  is not set
CONFIG_FW_LOADER_COMPRESS                               y                  is not set
CONFIG_FW_LOADER_COMPRESS_XZ                            y                     missing
CONFIG_FW_LOADER_COMPRESS_ZSTD                 is not set                     missing
CONFIG_FW_LOADER_PAGED_BUF                              y                     missing
CONFIG_GCC_VERSION                                 120100                      120201
CONFIG_GPIO_ACPI                                        y                     missing
CONFIG_GPIO_AMDPT                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_GPIO_HISI                               is not set                     missing
CONFIG_HAVE_ACPI_APEI                                   y                     missing
CONFIG_HID_PICOLCD_LCD                            missing                  is not set
CONFIG_HISI_PMU                                is not set                     missing
CONFIG_HSR                                     is not set                           m
CONFIG_HYPERV                                  is not set                     missing
CONFIG_I2C_AMD_MP2                             is not set                     missing
CONFIG_I2C_HID_ACPI                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_I2C_HID_CORE                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_I2C_HISI                                is not set                     missing
CONFIG_I2C_SCMI                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_IGC                                     is not set                           m
CONFIG_INPUT_SOC_BUTTON_ARRAY                  is not set                     missing
CONFIG_IPV6_OPTIMISTIC_DAD                     is not set                           y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_SYNPROXY                            m                  is not set
CONFIG_IR_ENE                                  is not set                     missing
CONFIG_IR_FINTEK                               is not set                     missing
CONFIG_IR_ITE_CIR                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_IR_NUVOTON                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_ISCSI_BOOT_SYSFS                                 y                           m
CONFIG_ISCSI_IBFT                                       y                     missing
CONFIG_IWLDVM                                     missing                  is not set
CONFIG_IWLMVM                                     missing                  is not set
CONFIG_IWLWIFI                                 is not set                           m
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG                              missing                  is not set
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TRACING                     missing                           y
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_A3D                            is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_AS5011                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_COBRA                          is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_GF2K                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_GRIP                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_GRIP_MP                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_GUILLEMOT                      is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_IFORCE_232                     is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_INTERACT                       is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_JOYDUMP                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_MAGELLAN                       is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_SIDEWINDER                     is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_SPACEBALL                      is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_SPACEORB                       is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_STINGER                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_TMDC                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_TWIDJOY                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_WARRIOR                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_ZHENHUA                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_KEY_DH_OPERATIONS                                y                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_AMS369FG06                             missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_CLASS_DEVICE                        is not set                           m
CONFIG_LCD_HX8357                                 missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_ILI922X                                missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_ILI9320                                missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_L4F00242T03                            missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_LMS283GF05                             missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_LMS501KF03                             missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_LTV350QV                               missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_OTM3225A                               missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_PLATFORM                               missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_TDO24M                                 missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LCD_VGG2432A4                              missing                  is not set
CONFIG_LD_VERSION                                   23800                       24000
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION                    "-MANJARO-ARM-RPI"               "-ARTIX-RPI4"
CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT                                   18                          17
CONFIG_MICREL_KS8995MA                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_MINIX_SUBPARTITION                      is not set                           y
CONFIG_MLXBF_GIGE                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_ACPI                                   y                     missing
CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL                            y                  is not set
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS                                      y                  is not set
CONFIG_MS5637                                  is not set                           m
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_CORE                              missing                           m
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC                               missing                           y
CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NAND                            is not set                           m
CONFIG_MVMDIO                                  is not set                           m
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CGROUP                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_IPCOMP                        m                  is not set
CONFIG_NETLINK_DIAG                                     m                  is not set
CONFIG_NET_CLS_TCINDEX                                  m                     missing
CONFIG_NET_KEY_MIGRATE                         is not set                           y
CONFIG_NET_SB1000                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_NFT_BRIDGE_META                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_NFT_OBJREF                              is not set                           m
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_PROCFS                              y                  is not set
CONFIG_NLMON                                   is not set                           m
CONFIG_NR_CPUS                                        256                           4
CONFIG_PATA_ACPI                                        m                     missing
CONFIG_PATA_TIMINGS                                     y                     missing
CONFIG_PCC                                              y                     missing
CONFIG_PCI_ECAM                                         y                     missing
CONFIG_PGTABLE_LEVELS                                   4                           3
CONFIG_PINCTRL_AMD                             is not set                     missing
CONFIG_PKCS8_PRIVATE_KEY_PARSER                         m                  is not set
CONFIG_PMIC_OPREGION                                    y                     missing
CONFIG_PNFS_BLOCK                                       y                           m
CONFIG_PNP                                              y                     missing
CONFIG_PNPACPI                                          y                     missing
CONFIG_PNP_DEBUG_MESSAGES                               y                     missing
CONFIG_PSI_DEFAULT_DISABLED                             y                  is not set
CONFIG_QFMT_V1                                          m                           y
CONFIG_QFMT_V2                                          m                           y
CONFIG_QRTR                                             m                  is not set
CONFIG_QRTR_TUN                                is not set                     missing
CONFIG_QUOTA_NETLINK_INTERFACE                 is not set                           y
CONFIG_QUOTA_TREE                                       m                           y
CONFIG_RAID6_PQ                                         m                           y
CONFIG_REGMAP_I2C                                       y                           m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_DS1307                                   y                           m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8523                                  y                           m
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_RX6110                          is not set                           m
CONFIG_SATA_ZPODD                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_SCHED_CORE                              is not set                     missing
CONFIG_SCHED_MC                                         y                  is not set
CONFIG_SCHED_SMT                                        y                  is not set
CONFIG_SENSORS_ACPI_POWER                               y                     missing
CONFIG_SENSORS_AHT10                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_DS620                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_HIH6130                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_LIS3_SPI                           missing                  is not set
CONFIG_SENSORS_LTC2945                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_LTC4222                         is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_SHT4x                           is not set                           m
CONFIG_SENSORS_XGENE                           is not set                     missing
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_PNP                                  y                     missing
CONFIG_SI7020                                  is not set                           m
CONFIG_SLAB_FREELIST_RANDOM                             y                  is not set
CONFIG_SMB_SERVER_KERBEROS5                             y                  is not set
CONFIG_SND_SOC_TLV320AIC23                        missing                           m
CONFIG_SND_SOC_TLV320AIC23_I2C                 is not set        &nb

Reply #10
After messing around with armtix booting for a while I re-installed latest linux-rpi I see this strangeness wwhich might have some effect on the kernel. Is there something amiss with mkinitcpio?

:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling linux-rpi                                                                     [--------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Updating module dependencies...
(2/4) Updating linux-rpi module dependencies...
(3/4) Updating linux-rpi initcpios...
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux-rpi.preset: 'default'
  -> -k 6.1.21-3-rpi-ARTIX-RPI4 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-linux-rpi4.img
od: '/boot/vmlinuz-*': No such file or directory
cat: '/boot/vmlinuz-*': No such file or directory
==> WARNING: Could not find kernel image for version 6.1.21-3-rpi-ARTIX-RPI4
==> Starting build: '6.1.21-3-rpi-ARTIX-RPI4'
  -> Running build hook: [base]
  -> Running build hook: [udev]
  -> Running build hook: [autodetect]
  -> Running build hook: [modconf]
  -> Running build hook: [block]
  -> Running build hook: [filesystems]
  -> Running build hook: [keyboard]
  -> Running build hook: [fsck]
==> Generating module dependencies
==> Creating zstd-compressed initcpio image: '/boot/initramfs-linux-rpi4.img'
==> Image generation successful

Reply #11
This message appeared after some update and there a patch in ALARM which fixes it. However, it doesn't seem to be a real problem: all my devices work fine with, even those which really need some drivers from initramfs to get real root filesystem
ARMtix

Reply #12
This message appeared after some update and there a patch in ALARM which fixes it. However, it doesn't seem to be a real problem: all my devices work fine with, even those which really need some drivers from initramfs to get real root filesystem
thanks;

I have no real luck trying to figure out what's missing from the armtix kernel/modules. I found that the manjaro mainline kernel also works (has wlan0) for for me ie their kernel8 --> /boot/rpi4Image && /lib/modules/{6.2.3-2-MANJARO-ARM-RPI,extramodules-6.2-rpi4-mainline}. I tried loading every not loaded module from manjaro's /sys/modules in armtix linux-rpi, but still didn't get a working wifi.

Reply #13
FWIW these are the modules that can be loaded in manjaro, but not armtix

acpi
acpi_power_meter
battery
button
crct10dif_cei2c_hid
efi_pstore
crct10dif_ce
i2c_hid
iscsi_ibft