Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: [SOLVED] Firefox Crashing (Read 1157 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED] Firefox Crashing

Firefox crashes as soon as I start.
I already started in safe-mode and nothing changed, after that I started in debug mode, here is the output:

Code: [Select]
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 17511
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal...
Exiting due to channel error.
➜  ~ Failed to open curl lib from binary, use libcurl.so instead

Does anyone know how to resolve?

Edit: I use wayland as display server

Re: Firefox Crashing

Reply #1

libcurl.so comes with curl. Try uninstall curl and reinstall it but make sure it comes from main Artix repos and not AUR or main Arch

Interesting thing, curl isn't a dependency of firefox so I guess you could simply try restart firefox after removing curl. However  removing curl can be tricky cos is needed by many other apps so try reinstall instead of removing it, but if you can remove, it's better

Another cause firefox may not start is because of a bad configured app armor firefox profile.

Re: Firefox Crashing

Reply #2

libcurl.so comes with curl. Try uninstall curl and reinstall it but make sure it comes from main Artix repos and not AUR or main Arch

Interesting thing, curl isn't a dependency of firefox so I guess you could simply try restart firefox after removing curl. However  removing curl can be tricky cos is needed by many other apps so try reinstall instead of removing it, but if you can remove, it's better

Another cause firefox may not start is because of a bad configured app armor firefox profile.

Yesterday I started a session with XFCE and firefox worked perfectly, today I started my session with wayland and updated the "egl-wayland" package with a system update. Before starting firefox I also updated curl, now firefox is working, I don't know if it was due to general system update or curl specific update, thanks anyway.

Re: [SOLVED] Firefox Crashing

Reply #3

Glad you've fixed it.