Skip to main content
Topic: [Solved]Reboot required: the system will be rebooted automatically in 15 seconds (Read 334 times) previous topic - next topic

[Solved]Reboot required: the system will be rebooted automatically in 15 seconds

Here's the story: the other day I removed my nvme ssd (which I have Artix installed on) from my pc. After I put it back in, it could no longer be recognized as a bootable drive. So I simply restored grub with a live USB. But after that, when I tried booting into Artix, it gave me this message, without letting me log in. And I still don't have a solution for this. I can't seem to be able to cancel the process, and other ttys are unusable. Does anyone know what this is about and how I can solve it?

Re: Reboot required: the system will be rebooted automatically in 15 seconds

Reply #1
Often when doing drive swapping / partition copying you have to do things like check /etc/default/grub and /etc/fstab content, and from a tty if you get that far in the boot sequence, or chroot terminal if you don't, like in this case, run:
Code: [Select]
# mkinitcpio -P
# update-grub
plus do any BIOS / UEFI grub bootloader stuff if needed, but it seems like you have already done that. fsck is probably getting run from your fstab entries and there could be a reference to a non existing FAT partition, perhaps the UUID or name has changed because it has been altered or moved.

Re: Reboot required: the system will be rebooted automatically in 15 seconds

Reply #2
Often when doing drive swapping / partition copying you have to do things like check /etc/default/grub and /etc/fstab content
fsck is probably getting run from your fstab entries and there could be a reference to a non existing FAT partition, perhaps the UUID or name has changed because it has been altered or moved.
Yep, seems like fstab was the issue, thanks a lot for the suggestion! I ran blkid from the live USB, then I checked the fstab file, and the UUIDs of the boot partition were indeed not the same. Editing it fixed it, although I didn't need to chroot.