Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: KDE Plasma shows SATA drives as removable (Read 480 times) previous topic - next topic

KDE Plasma shows SATA drives as removable

Since the update on 20/21th of may, Plasma has been showing my SATA drives as removable devices, including the artix boot drive, however the NVME SSDs are not shown there.

In the attached image is the dolphin shortcuts on the left (they used to be all under Devices, only flash drives would show up as removable), the icon in the bottom panel, and the menu it brings up.

This is just a mild annoyance of an extra icon in the panel and unsortable file manager shortcuts, but I'd like to learn why and how it happens and if I can fix it.

Re: KDE Plasma shows SATA drives as removable

Reply #2
Do you remember if anything init or dbus related was also updated?

Looks like kdbusaddons was updated, and I still seem to have kdbusaddons5 installed and it has a long dependency chain

Reply #3
Okay, you can remove all sorry, most k*5 packages to see if it does anything, good for cleanliness sake to do anyway
LE: I did a thread regarding this, with this occasion :) https://forum.artixlinux.org/index.php/topic,6897.new.html#info_41778

This would be the downgrade for kdbusaddons:

Reply #4
Okay, you can remove all sorry, most k*5 packages to see if it does anything, good for cleanliness sake to do anyway
pacman -Qq | grep '^k.*5'

This would be the downgrade for kdbusaddons:
https://archive.artixlinux.org/packages/k/kdbusaddons/kdbusaddons-6.2.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

I've removed a significant portion of the k.*5 packages already, except the handful with a long dependency chain like kdbusaddons5 which terminates in kgpg

And I tried downgrading kdbusaddons from 6.2.0-1 to 6.1.0-1, but nothing changed.

As an aside, I did it through the local file I still have cached, since I cannot access the archive.artixlinux.org,  though that seems to be a problem with my isp, since I could access it on my phone after disconnecting from the wifi, which I find very strange since I can access this page which is on the same domain

Reply #5
Maybe it has something to do with the bios settings for drives (hotswap)?

Reply #6
Maybe it has something to do with the bios settings for drives (hotswap)?

This was it, I can't believe it

I did update my bios around that time, I guess this was the first time it was enabled by default. Thank you so much, I never would have thought of that