Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Desktop recording (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic

Desktop recording

I'm trying to find a desktop recorder.  I tried vlc, but it is not just total chaos, and non-dependable, but it also creates huge files.  I was recommended ssr (or ssrt?)

It has a man page that is not understandable and when you start it, it does nothing.  I just want to make a video of a bug in a video game, and not spend two weeks mastering desktop recording.  I mastered, VI, EMAC, GCC, Make....  and Bash and Korn and the Gimp... I am done becoming an expert in ever changing software.

Someone suggested to load OBS and use SSR through it.  I did and that was not an option in OBS.  I did get it to start wroking following an online tutorial, but the output was a black screen.  I selected a windows capture for the running program (called crossfire).  I think it silently didn't like the coden maybe?

Any suggestions?  This is on artix with winmaker

Re: Desktop recording

Reply #1
What about simplescreenrecorder? It's in the repos. I suppose it wraps ffmpeg recording functionality, so you could also try it
ARMtix

Reply #2
Hi

I think I said that  SSR just runs and does nothing.  POOOF off the terminal with no visible output.

Reply #3
I thought ssr could be something else.
Sounds strange, how do you run it? Always worked fine for me
ARMtix

Reply #4
I type ssrt on the command line,