Skip to main content
Topic: Moksha mixer (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

Moksha mixer

what gadget or applet does Moksha use for a mixer?

Re: Moksha mixer

Reply #1
Moksha has a number of modules/gadgets built-in; one of these is the Mixer module, which has a hard dependency on Pulseaudio.
It's Moksha/EFL specific, so cannot be used for - nor simply ported to - other DE's.

artist

Reply #2

I don't see a gadget for a mixer. Please advise

Reply #3
The Mixer module is part of the Moksha code base, but to prevent problems with non-Pulseaudio setups it's in a separate package now.

So you need to install moksha-module-mixer, enable/load it via the settings/extensions and then add it to the panel.

I need to clarify this better in the wiki.

artist

Reply #4
So if i use pipewire what do i do?

Reply #5
For a systray applet two options are volume-icon and pasystray (assuming pipewire-pulse is installed)
As mixer application pwvucontrol can be used, but also pavucontrol.

artist

Reply #6
where is volume-icon?

Reply #7
pasystray does not show in shelf contents.

Reply #8
It's not volume-icon but volumeicon; my mistake.
pasystray requires pipewire-pulse when running pipewire; has that been installed? If needed I can setup and test.

artist

Reply #9
pasystray and pipewire-pulse  show in htop...

but not visible in shelf

Reply #10
I'll test and get back to you tomorrow.

artist

Reply #11
Tested with pipewire and pasystray. The pasystray icon is shown in the systray and controlling the volume using the scroll-wheel of the mouse works fine.

If any program does not work as it should then start it from the terminal to see if any errors are reported.

For more sound control options you can install eg. pwvucontrol.

artist

Reply #12
pasystray

(pasystray:24956): pasystray-WARNING **: 13:48:31.051: Error initializing Avahi: Daemon not running

Does not close. No icon. Please advise.

Reply #13
That warning can be ignored.

Please provide details/screenshots how you set up the Icon Theming in Moksha settings.

Also, on the left hand side of the systray there is a small with '<' icon with which the systray content can be shown or hidden; did you try that?

Also provide a screenshot of the systray.
And a screenshot of the shelf contents; right-click on the panel and click on 'Contents'

artist

Reply #14

The shelf contents and the systray
As you can see, I don't see a <

Please provide details/screenshots how you set up the Icon Theming in Moksha settings.
I don't know I did that, but I'll show you whatever I have or set it otherwise if you like